What's new

70/30 Juice DTL, which atty?

So far I have been using 50/50 juice MTL setups, just received an Insider so fancied a change and do a DTL setup using lower nic thicker 70/30 juice, so I have the following:

Exocet
Vapeshell (but I have the reducer in it)
Insider
Nautilus 1.8ohm BVC coils
Standard RBA

Probably going to shove in a 0.6ohm (ish) SS316L plain wire coil in it and give it a go in TC mode.

So 70/30 DTL, which would you use to get the best flavour?

Personally, I think I get just a smidge more flavour from the Insider, but it leaks like an incontinent 80 year old. I've just not had time to fine tune the build or to see where my leaks are coming from.
The Vapeshell, with no reducers and just one of your biggest condensation plugs is my go to for DTL.
My own juice is 80/20 and i've not had a dry hit yet....;)

Thanks all :)

I ended up trying the insider with a 0.7 ohm SS316L coil, I'm far too clever to look for instructions on how to wick it............
3 puffs and Dryhitsville - I proper f**ked it up and choked it, so found a video on how to wick it properly and put me in my place (not so clever) :12:

Anyways, 2nd attempt following Monkey See Monkey Do video I got it wicked just about right, It's a great atty! Set it up in TC mode 235c & 40 watts and it's impressed me a lot - zero dry hits thanks to TC mode and a nice warm flavoursome DTL vape.

Only problem is my condensation V2 plugs don't fit it due to it's 510 threading but the V1's do.

Going to try the Exocet next to compare.

Thanks all :)

I ended up trying the insider with a 0.7 ohm SS316L coil, I'm far too clever to look for instructions on how to wick it............
3 puffs and Dryhitsville - I proper f**ked it up and choked it, so found a video on how to wick it properly and put me in my place (not so clever) :12:

Anyways, 2nd attempt following Monkey See Monkey Do video I got it wicked just about right, It's a great atty! Set it up in TC mode 235c & 40 watts and it's impressed me a lot - zero dry hits thanks to TC mode and a nice warm flavoursome DTL vape.

Only problem is my condensation V2 plugs don't fit it due to it's 510 threading but the V1's do.

Going to try the Exocet next to compare.

Aye, first place I've learned to go after here, is You Tube. There are loads of people who have taken that dry hit for you and their advice is usually sound.
(Dry hits from a Themis Mesh, is somewhere you never want to return to)...:eek:
Vapeshell, no bother, easy to wick and I've found that less is maybe more, when it comes to wicking cotton. The Insider was also easy to wick and the flavour is really impressive, with more like the airflow that I'm looking for. As you say, condensation plugs are a no, so I might ream out one of the smaller one's, to see if it'll work. From what I've gleaned so far, when I'm undoing the lock nut, the 'O' ring is pulling the chimney up, causing a bit of a mess, if there's any juice in the tank.
Not tried the Exocet, are you guys using it for MTL, or is it open to some DTL abuse...?
If it is, I might give one a go.

The exocet naturally has a big air hole @MavicP . At least 3mm. 2.5mm drill bit fits down it with room to wiggle. Mine has a mesh tube stuck down the pin to restrict it. So I would say aye, it is. It’s pretty good as well.

edited: drill, not still!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom