What's new

a cotton fibre stuck in my throat?!

OK so, this afternoon I was sat playing a bit of Xbox and having a vape when I started coughing and retching until I was nearly sick. this lasted for over an hour and I couldn't do anything to stop it.
It's the third time I've got something stuck way to far down my lung hole (yes, its definitely the correct medical term!) and I'm positive that it's a fibre from the Labo cotton that I'm using.
I only ever used cotton bacon v2 until 7-8 months ago but then I found Muji and then Labo cotton and haven't used anything since but the same thing has happened 3 times now.
I'm using a drop dead with a pair of week old clapton's at 50w on a rage squonk mod with various home made juices (70/30 2mg) if anyone's interested.
Now neither of these 2 are actually made for vaping are they? So I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else with the 2 above cottons (or any others) and I love some advice on any better cotton out there too, I get too much wastage with CBv2 that's why I moved onto Muji/Labo.

just take some cod liver oil, thats what i do with the cat to prevent fur balls ;) seriously though ive never had this happen, but once ive combed & saturated wicks i cant see how this could happen..

I had a really bad cough, felt like something stuck in my throat like a fiber. Thought it was due to smoking, stopped smoking still had the cough. Thought maybe was my nic level, wasn't that either....

Went to an ENT turned out to be from acid reflux .....
Had damaged my throat and nasal passages.
Mine had gotten so bad I was coughing all the time. And eating anything agrovated it and It gagged me and food didn't stay down.
If you have acid reflux this could be the start of what I had going on. Smoking and vaping did aggravate the cough. Is why I thought they were the cause at one point.

I am now on medication for the reflux (gird) 2 x a day.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Last edited:
@johnnyx76 sounds to me like a dry hit, or a a borderline one. I use Labo Puff, which is quite coarse compared to Bacon etc. and doesn't wick as fast, especially if there's a tight angle on the wick tails, or tight in the coil. It doesn't seem to burn a readily as some, but you could be vaping mainly dry hot air, which isn't nice. Next time you have an episode, pop the top and have a look.

Was going to ask if it was a dry hit. Could be something getting into the mouthpiece and you inhaling it because, as mentioned, once the cotton is saturated you'd need one helluva pull to get it out.

@johnnyx76 sounds to me like a dry hit, or a a borderline one. I use Labo Puff, which is quite coarse compared to Bacon etc. and doesn't wick as fast, especially if there's a tight angle on the wick tails, or tight in the coil. It doesn't seem to burn a readily as some, but you could be vaping mainly dry hot air, which isn't nice. Next time you have an episode, pop the top and have a look.
I have noticed that it goes dry after 3-4 tokes on the bounce but I didn't have a dry hit on any of the occasions that I can remember, unless it was just semi dry.

I think I'm gonna dig out the CBv2 for a bit anyway.

Thanks for the info tho, is there any labo type strips of cotton that's actually made for vaping?

I remember reading some advice in Viz....

If a baby or young child is choking on an ice cube
Quickly grab a kettle and pour boiling hot water down its throat
That should quickly solve the choking issue

Now I never actually tried that top parenting tip myself (nor should anybody with an ounce of sense)
But those words of (bad) advice stuck in my head/throat too for many many years
I pissed myself when I read this [emoji23]

did you have a vape after sex considering it was valentines day yesterday its most likely a hair of somesort :D:D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom