What's new

A Craver's Tale

To those that have the Supreme what build are using? I've tried vertical, diagonal and horizontal. I'm using Ni80 Clapton's at the moment at 3mm coming in around 0.2 ohms. The coils are positioned high above the airflow with the logic being the air hits the bottom of the coils on its way up. Always felt the flavours seemed washed out somehow? Is it too much air? Should I move the coils? Love the tank it's never leaked just feel I'm missing what it has to offer?
3mm Ni80 aliens, horizontal mount, directly in front of the airholes. I tried mounting coils high but that under the coil idea didn't work for me ... the atty is designed for side on airflow, build as close to the air holes as you dare.
It's also designed for horizontally mounted coils - look at the shape of the air intake in the chamber. Whilst verticals work well int the RDTA, horizointals are the way to build the Suporeme, Supreme Lite and the Plus. Also, don't build you coils any wider than the air holes, there's no point, you'll just eat into the space available for wicking.
In the Supreme I use the new postless decks, so I can build 3.5 and 4mm ID dual coils of high mass. I only use trhe Velocity decks in the Lite and RDTA.

3mm Ni80 aliens, horizontal mount, directly in front of the airholes. I tried mounting coils high but that under the coil idea didn't work for me ... the atty is designed for side on airflow, build as close to the air holes as you dare.
It's also designed for horizontally mounted coils - look at the shape of the air intake in the chamber. Whilst verticals work well int the RDTA, horizointals are the way to build the Suporeme, Supreme Lite and the Plus. Also, don't build you coils any wider than the air holes, there's no point, you'll just eat into the space available for wicking.
In the Supreme I use the new postless decks, so I can build 3.5 and 4mm ID dual coils of high mass. I only use trhe Velocity decks in the Lite and RDTA.

Great thanks. I've thrown in a Ni80 Clapton build paralleled with 26g 316L SS. Comes in at 0.14 ohms and great flavour. Think I've gone too wide mind. Do theses post less decks fit the original Supreme and if so where do you purchase them from?

Great thanks. I've thrown in a Ni80 Clapton build paralleled with 26g 316L SS. Comes in at 0.14 ohms and great flavour. Think I've gone too wide mind. Do theses post less decks fit the original Supreme and if so where do you purchase them from?
Yes, there is a postless deck for the Supreme which you can buy either from Steam Crave or Fast Tech. Haven't seen any UK stockists with them.
Obviously the air hole mwidth is the same so you'll be building bigger in terms of the ID rather than width. You also need to pay attention to the wick tails, they'll need to be thinned out a bit.

Back
Top Bottom