What's new

A New DNA Chip?!?

I think there has been a shortage of DNA60 chips for a wee while, this could be why.

It will have all the same functions as the original 60 board, with replay. I will stick to the original board, Don't really like the colour screens any how.
As Rickster has said they have been making the OG 60 less and less available, ready for the new board.

I like DNA but never been a fan of the 60, way to much faffing about. The DNA 60 is the reason i never buy DNA Boro Devices, I have all the other DNA variants and don't mind any of them especially the 100. I also find Yihi Mods to be just a bit over Complicated and have never had a decent TC Vape with one.

I think there has been a shortage of DNA60 chips for a wee while, this could be why.

Yep, given the shortage of chips I'll expect it when I see it. Given the age of the original, the popularly and demand is still remarkable. I guess it's because nearly all of the new Boro's are using them.

I've no interest in colour as I typically turn the screen off but it would be no bad thing if they bring out a new dna60 with a better menu, e.g. to turn the screen off doesn't require you to first lock it, press fire and the down button together and then unlock it.

My personal opinion of why the DNA60 chip has been so popular is the compact size means it can fit in small mods and the fact it works well, but its Achilles Heel is the cumbersome navigation of the menu. If you use anything frequently you become familiar with the menu but this doesn't justify doggedly sticking with it for so many years.

When I bought my first DNA60 device three years ago there were very basic instructions, one particular gem was showing how to select TC. Unfortunately the method to exit TC, which wasn't included and despite trying every combination of clicks I was stuck in TC like it or not. My first reaction was to watch Youtube vids to have the menu explained and watched many, many vids where the reviewer just said 'everybody will be familiar with the DNA menu by now, so I won't bother'. Of course you can join the Evolv Forum and ask for help - in my case I was helped by a member on this forum.

Because I don't use TC very often I wrote written instructions on how to enter and exit TC and put them in the box. I can't remember much about the rest of the menu but know it tends to be by holding the up/down buttons - if it doesn't work when the mod is on, putting it is standby generally works.

Despite having written instructions and being able to muddle through the other aspects of the menu, having to dig out the box and do a bit of homework has ground me down and the DNA60 and 250 mods I own remain in wattage only. I find my DNA75C, 100C and 250C mods perform just as well without any of the frustration.

Or just use evolv to change the profile, simples...

When I first bought my Odin DNA250c mods 4 years back I was all excited thinking it has the best chip so it must be the bees knees.

I had a good look around on the Evolve site at the various settings and different things I could tinker around with but the fascination wore off very quickly. I just felt what the heck is the point?

Lets face it. A mod only has one job. Heat up a coil to get steam from your e-juice.

I'm sitting here typing on a PC that I built myself, and on something like that there's a huge number of ways I can improve how my PC works by tinkering around with it. I could sit there and make 100 different changes to my settings on a DNA chip and it still only has to do one thing. Fire the coil.

So no, I won't be getting too over excited about the lastest upgrade to a mod chip.

Or just use evolv to change the profile, simples...

Having to connect your mod to a device that has Evolv because the menu navigation is cumbersome is easy to do, but nowhere as easy as using a simple intuitive menu.

Having to use Evolv to change a profile is like getting an orthopedic shoe - it will help you walk, but not having a gammy leg in the first place is much easier

This thread was started because I noticed there was a new dna chip on the horizon, and tongue in cheek, they’ve been slow to evolve :18:

For us temp control vapers, especially mtl temp control vapers, we can at least be mildly excited. We can speculate on the changes, dream of replay, and drool over the possible flood of new mods that may be coming our way. It is very small, is safe and reliable , and is actually a significant chip in vaping history.

Don’t like the dna60 chip? That’s quite alright, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But let’s try to focus on what many of us see as a positive development, please ;)

And like I said, that means more mods to buy for those of us who truly enjoy this chip :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom