What's new

A New DNA Chip?!?

Having to connect your mod to a device that has Evolv because the menu navigation is cumbersome is easy to do, but nowhere as easy as using a simple intuitive menu.

Having to use Evolv to change a profile is like getting an orthopedic shoe - it will help you walk, but not having a gammy leg in the first place is much easier

could you not just have left it on TC and set the temp as high as it can go, then adjust the watts as normal?

One of the reasons I posted this, and was excited by it, is the dna60 menu system is a bit of a pita, see my OP. It took me a long time to remember most of what I need to use, and I still forget how to do things on it :17: It is my hope that a new menu system will be part of the upgrade!

There is no solution to some of the challenges the dna60 chip has that can ever make it intuitive…it just isn’t :22:

My worry is that they will retain the menu system as is :hmm: If they change it up, there could be a lot of angry punters who like the old system. And is there enough room on the screen to do too much differently? :11:

could you not just have left it on TC and set the temp as high as it can go, then adjust the watts as normal?

Possibly - but my problem was getting out of TC not adjusting TC itself. I did have a little frustration adjusting TC but after several attempts and experimentation, managed to sort it but after several hours of being stuck in a TC profile because I didn't guess I first had to adjust the temp on the screen to 600F before attempting to exit the profile. I had to resort to removing the TC profile and change the one I was stuck in to regular wattage/power. After I found advice on how to exit TC as I should have done - adjust to 600F, Press this, stare at that, don't get angry, I restored the default settings and put the TC profiles back on the mod and made notes to avoid a recurring problem.

If you use something daily you will learn and remember the menu - but I seldom vape TC so have to dig out the notes for the DNA menu any time I do, so I just find it easier to use a different mod. I like the way a DNA60 performs but really don't enjoy the clunky menu navigation - for me a C version with a more straightforward intuitive menu corrects the only aspect of the DNA60 that I don't like - edit. If they do actually change it. I hope they do.

I cannot confirm or deny I know shit loads about the new dna60c

just sayin.....

Nae worries fella, we the punters are well used to being treated like mushrooms....kept in the dark n fed shit...it's just the way business works for us non lizards :)

@zouzounaki , I truly don’t know why you’re trying to provoke those of us who do use and enjoy temp control :hmm:

If you don’t like temp control, that’s your opinion, but there’s no need to be derogatory or disparaging!

And to make it clear, I am not a tinkerer, and I am reasonably adept at building. Once I’ve found the correct temperature for the juice/coil combo I’m using I pretty much never touch it again.

The Reason I Use Temp Control? FLAVOR!

Both regarding the consistency and depth of flavor, temp control is far superior imo. Without commenting on your palate, my ability to taste all the nuances from a quality ejuice is greatly enhanced by temp control. And it gives this flavor consistently…not like with wattage mode where I find myself constantly changing up or down a watt or two to get the flavor I’m after.

A discussion about the pros and cons of the new dna60c chips is the topic of this thread, let’s be civil, even if we’re trying to amuse others ;)

Nae worries fella, we the punters are well used to being treated like mushrooms....kept in the dark n fed shit...it's just the way business works for us non lizards :)

here are some of the features

a. stop world poverty
b. end the globalist elite
c. give the prime minister a good full on open palm bitch slap
d dogs and cats will live together in harmony
e. fix the climate and planet
f. petrol will be £1.10 a liter
g. electricity will be plentiful and cheap
h. oh and some vape thingies

Back
Top Bottom