What's new

Abyss Bridges Questions

@workshyfop i will take your word for it. I think from what i have read, more people seem to dislike it than like it. I was going to say it seems more people dislike the tank so would like to hear your thoughts on that once you get it. Everyone has an opinion on things, i remember reading a lot about the Profile Unity leaking and saying how crap it was but i never had any problems with it, i tell a lie lol, i once put some 50/50 juice in it and it leaked because it was to thin but apart from that it's a great RTA. I think in Vaping we all have to make our own minds up on what to get. I will add the Abyss has to be among my favourites and i have only had it about a week.

The Caliburn is quite Carol's favourite.Brilliant flavour and at last a Coil that doesn't need ridiculous watts!! Happily burbles along at 14 Watts and lasts forever. :)
Can u quantify forever? Still got 15 days b4 the prices go sky high...

Like a week or 2 or like a few days forever? Or longer? I might have to convert.

Last edited:
Not going to Strip Down a New Mod because of a tight Airflow, on RTA's etc they loosen with time as will the Abyss. I doubt very much your Bridge needs a Dremel, how do you know your Tape Measure isn't out by a Millimetre ?. I got my Bridge Pack this Morning but not opened it to check. Far too busy with my game lol. I was going to try the Exocet later, has anyone tried the other BB Bridges yet ?. The Insider and Exocet have to be my Favourite BB Bridges. I was going to try the Vape Snail but i think it looks crap in a round tank, might just be me though.
No, my tape measure is fine. Everything goes together fine, but when u go to spin the top back over it it cathes on the very very top lip of the bridge.

If you force it and squeeze n push n pull eventually u can get it to fit, but forcing it bent the top of the chimney out of round.

I guess its a good thing, there is ZERO flex in the top metal part, not even a fraction of a mm. Once its clipped into the battery side there is no up down movement at all

Edit- u will need a caliper of some kind to see the difference in height, im not sure it would even be visible to the naked eye even with a good ruler

Btw, the top chimney is flanged, there should be no way for it to go above the top of the boro tank. It the top will slide over the boro there should be no way for it to catch on the chimney.
It was machined .1 mm to long on top, plain and simple. The reason the fat coils work is that i assume there is a .1mm gap between the chimney flange and the top of the boro inside the tank (there is a gaskey tho, so wouldnt leak)

The inside of the chimney is shaped a certain way. That cost money to do, and there is no reason to do it unless the purpose was to fit the narrow coils

Last edited:
Deleted...i'll repost after i put juice in it, replace some o rings, and make sure its sealed and airtight.

But yes, got the whole gtx bridge thing to work it looks like

Attachments

• 20210409_005435.jpg
    20210409_005435.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Yes, it works, im vaping it right now.

I just took a dremel with a little grinder bit on it and went back n forth over it lightly a bunch of times.

Every little while i would stop and check the fitment.

If u do it make sure to take a buffer wheel to the top afterwards because filing it down will make it sharp and slice the o-ring, i found out.

There will also be a slight gap between the screwed in drip tip base and the top deck, but it doesnt affect anything, all the oring seat correctly and no leaks anywhere.

The is still one inherent issue when using this specific bridge.

No matter what gtx coil u use, the base tends to catch on the threads if u try qnd remove the boro, and the coil will pull itself out, dumping qny juice.

Just turn it upside down or empty it, not q major issue, but something to keep in mind. Its not the bridge's fault even, its just how things r shaped.
20210409_012832.jpg

20210409_015530.jpg

For some reason the .6 ohm coils get hung up really bad on the threads, so i recommend the .8 gtx, or maybe the 1.2 or the pnp coils. U should still be qble to use the wide mouth coils even after doing this, but if not i take no responsibility.

Last edited:
Can u quantify forever? Still got 15 days b4 the prices go sky high...

Like a week or 2 or like a few days forever? Or longer? I might have to convert.

She has two running which are well into week 4.

Whoa...
Guess i gotta get me some of those to try out. Uwell has been spewing those coils out all year so should be well stocked in this country.

I forget, i know the original caliburn or the caliburn g had a looser drag, just forget which one, do u know?

That is very good Coil Life, i think with the Aspire BVC on the BB at 12w i got almost 3 weeks but it was only vaped through the night when i woke up, which is pretty often thinking about it. (not a great sleeper). My best Coils are in a Sub Ohm believe it or not, I am just a tad over 4 weeks with the Augvape Intake Sub Ohm Coils, taste is still very good. I am looking forward to the Caliburn G plus it's the first time i have used anything by Uwell.

I really liked the freemax maxpod coils, they were just too tight of a drag, my lungs rnt that strong, plus they burned out every few days.

I cant stress enough how much i am enjoying the px80 for the gtx coils qnyway, so maybe its time to call it q day, i got the bridge working, it is now in my inventory, if i ever need to use it in my swiss army vape i know i can

Im going to pick up some other packs b4 the price goes up to see, caliburn is top of the list i guess

To be honest @Jd_ I think they were similar to the Aspires when it comes to draw? But can't honestly remember?

I bought my Abyss with really only one intention, I wanted something capable of using "most" types of coil for the days or weeks when my hands and arms shake so much I can't build any of my other RTAs. I then was fortunate that I had a Good Spell so tried The Ether and the VapeShell.
It has become quite my most used device of late due to the flexibility it offers from a dexterity point of view. I somehow ended up with a lot of EUC 0.5ohm Coils, so have been using them when things haven't been great. They're OK, but obviously they do need much higher wattage to get them going.
Carol tried the Caliburns and has never looked back.

Back
Top Bottom