What's new

Advice for squonking

fraze69r

Initiate
I was looking at buying a squonker kit but was looking for some advice before I buy anything and I was hoping you could help.

I currently vape at 40w-45w using a cleito tank with 0.4ohm Kanthal coils. I'm looking to make the move from tank vaping to RDA.

I was looking at the ijoy capo squonker with the dual coil RDA. I was wondering what coils would be the best in order to vape at around the same wattage. I notice the kanthal staggered fused clapton coils have a 0.34 ohm resistance when used in a dual RDA would these be the best coils or do I have to look for something more or less moving from a tank vape to an RDA? Also what do you think of that particular mod? Would you recommend another?

I love the capo but it's not really suited to dual coil rda' s.
It's more a variable wattage mech so it can only output what poke the battery has.
With a single coil rda and a 21700 battery it's awesome but if dual coil is your bag go for the twin cell capo 216 or the geekvape gbox.

As above ^^^^^ re the dual coil thing. G Box is a beast suited to dual coil rda's.

I've heard some not too great things about the Capo to do with voltage limits etc.

Have you considered the VT Inbox? One of the world's best boards in a pretty good looking device.

https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10016343/8236301-authentic-hcigar-vt-inbox-75w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

Can't really help much on the coil side I'm afraid, I don't use kanthal and haven't used dual coil for quite along time now!

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. I've read some reviews regarding the ijoy not hitting the 100w but I don't vape that high anyway. What type of RDA / coils do you use and why??

I love the capo but it's not really suited to dual coil rda' s.
It's more a variable wattage mech so it can only output what poke the battery has.
With a single coil rda and a 21700 battery it's awesome but if dual coil is your bag go for the twin cell capo 216 or the geekvape gbox.

Thanks for the reply. I've never used RDA's before so I'me a total novice. if I go for a single coil should I be looking for a coil with the same resistance as I currently use in my cleito tank or should I be going up / down to compensate. Also what metal would you recommend?

Thanks for the reply. I've never used RDA's before so I'me a total novice. if I go for a single coil should I be looking for a coil with the same resistance as I currently use in my cleito tank or should I be going up / down to compensate. Also what metal would you recommend?
Most folks go to is the hadaly. An excellent squonk, single coil rda. The genuine is getting hard to find and expensive but worth it. Sxk do an exceptional clone that you can order from fastech (China) for around a tenner or I believe pro vapes stock the sxk over here for around twenty quid.
There are other excellent choices like the pulse 22 rda or the well loved wasp nanowhich you can pick up a genuine for fifteen to twenty pounds.
Again most have made the switch to brochrome. It's a flat nichrome available from stealth vape. Heats up quickly and has a large surface area that creates a dense, flavourfull vape. (I use 24awg). Even though the capo has protection boards I'd still not recommend dropping bellow 0.2ohms. Always good to brush up on ohms law to make sure your battery choice is up to the job.
I personally build around 0.4ohms which chucks out vapour at around 35w with the hadaly, capo combo.

Most folks go to is the hadaly. An excellent squonk, single coil rda. The genuine is getting hard to find and expensive but worth it. Sxk do an exceptional clone that you can order from fastech (China) for around a tenner or I believe pro vapes stock the sxk over here for around twenty quid.
There are other excellent choices like the pulse 22 rda or the well loved wasp nanowhich you can pick up a genuine for fifteen to twenty pounds.
Again most have made the switch to brochrome. It's a flat nichrome available from stealth vape. Heats up quickly and has a large surface area that creates a dense, flavourfull vape. (I use 24awg). Even though the capo has protection boards I'd still not recommend dropping bellow 0.2ohms. Always good to brush up on ohms law to make sure your battery choice is up to the job.
I personally build around 0.4ohms which chucks out vapour at around 35w with the hadaly, capo combo.

Thanks, for all this you've been a massive help. I see fastech have a mixture of replica and authentic models for various things. How trustworthy are they for the items they have labeled as "authentic"? would you trust them enough to buy batteries from them? It looks like I could get the ijoy mod and the sxk both from them but I'm unsure of the authenticity or the quality of the batteries.

Back
Top Bottom