What's new

Advice needed - Rta alternative to Ares 2

Subharmonic

Initiate
Hi folks - I hope you can help.
I'm a long time fan of the Ares line - especially Ares 2. Problem is they've stopped making it - and I don't rate the Finale - or at least don't rate the new cap. I like the slide cap on the Ares 1 and 2. Is there anything out there that's similar that won't break the bank?

Ps a weakness of the Ares is the small rubber aperture for filling. In time it deforms and wants to pop out which is no use. If that component/design was better it would have been pretty much perfect. So anyone got any ideas?

All advice is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance...

Not an easy one to answer, as one tank is great for one but not for another.
I'm the same as I have both Ares like you and love them.
Before these I mainly used a nautilus mini with bought coils, but they didn't seem to last as long, so turned to rebuildable.
I have a couple of rebuildable drippers standing by in case my Ares fail or are lost or broken.
All I can suggest is read the reviews and look at one millimeter air holes, as I think the air draw is the main problem on some rba's for a tight enough mouth to lung draw.
As long as you get a tight enough air drawer for your mtl vape, I think most of the well known brands will probably do the job.
Pity they stopped making the Ares, both have been my favourite and I still go between both the one and two.

All told they are both very good - though the Ares 1 cap had a tendency to open in the pocket. Ares 2 less so even without the locking drip tip.
But that rubber aperture is def a weakness. I wonder why they ditched the slide cap for the finale?

I didn't know about the finale until coming on here, so looked it up and saw the screw off top to fill.
It does seem a step back.

@Subharmonic You could try the Cthulhu Valor or even the pioneer 1.5 (which has a sliding cap) if you can get hold of one.

And perhaps not your expected recommendation, but I've recently been using the orion 2 with the rba pod and it's a proper cracker. Up there with some of my favourite rtas.

Are these all slide caps MHL?
Ive been out of the loop to be honest but will def check these suggestions out. Thanks for taking the time to post - appreciated.

I'm a long time user of the Ares 2 and always loved it, but now I've moved on to the higher end tanks and have a NarVa, Innova, SkyLine-R, 415 V2, Asylum and countless others but to be honest they don' perform any better than the Ares, but if you can afford to spend a little extra I'd thoroughly recommend splashing out on a Diplomat, it performs brilliantly and is probably the best of the bunch.

I'm a long time user of the Ares 2 and always loved it, but now I've moved on to the higher end tanks and have a NarVa, Innova, SkyLine-R, 415 V2, Asylum and countless others but to be honest they don' perform any better than the Ares, but if you can afford to spend a little extra I'd thoroughly recommend splashing out on a Diplomat, it performs brilliantly and is probably the best of the bunch.
Good to see you @Astral. I second that recommendation for the diplomat :thumbup:

Are these all slide caps MHL?
Only the pioneer I'm afraid. If you're fixed on a slide cap, you're options are going to be extremely limited.

Back
Top Bottom