What's new

air purifier reaction

zouzounaki

Olympian
i’ve noticed my air purifier reacts to certain concentrates. i was alerted to it reacting to certain vapour by a particular attie that always set it off and since then have been vaguely observing it.

it seems to me that certain concentrates are the culprit. some of the FLV tobaccos, for example. it seems to tolerate flavour art concentrates.

so, it is exposed to vapour when i am round about it. it removes it from the air if you blow vapour straight into it. but it has sensors that measure the air quality index (AQI) and when the air quality drops it ramps up the fan, and this only happens with certain concentrates, even when i blow vapour directly at it.

so it seems it doesn’t register vapour itself. i can only assume it is components of certain flavours that polite the air with particulate mater and trigger it, and that the vapour itself (pg, vg) is innocuous. if i could be bothered and had the time i would carry out some detailed experiments, you can view stats from the purifier on an app that detail the type (based on particle size) of particulate matter it’s picking up.

anybody interested in this?

Vaguely interested. Would/could it be solely down to the particle size? Don’t know much about purifiers but I would doubt that a domestic unit could determine the chemical bit if it.

Had multiple air purifiers couple addresses ago to try and combat some funky odours whilst trying to discover the source. Also got an additional sensor that took AQI readings. It always spat its dummy out when I vaped around it. Would go from green to yellow and occasionally even red if I was right next to it. Could flip thru the menu and see the particle size it was picking up amongst other things and you could change the settings for exactly what you wanted it to pick up. Pretty detailed info.

Does it have an on only button, so that it is always removing vapour....that's all I do with mine

Vaguely interested. Would/could it be solely down to the particle size? Don’t know much about purifiers but I would doubt that a domestic unit could determine the chemical bit if it.

it picks up particulate matter in three size ranges and also detects VOCs. it works in real time so i’ll flick the app on next time vapour interferes with it and have a look.

Does it have an on only button, so that it is always removing vapour....that's all I do with mine

i don’t cloud the house out at all, we got it because the wee man was having problems with allergies, so we’ve been leaving it on auto so it can be on all the time and just kick in when it detects air trouble. seems to have helped.

it picks up particulate matter in three size ranges and also detects VOCs. it works in real time so i’ll flick the app on next time vapour interferes with it and have a look.

i don’t cloud the house out at all, we got it because the wee man was having problems with allergies, so we’ve been leaving it on auto so it can be on all the time and just kick in when it detects air trouble. seems to have helped.

Fair doo's, must be picking something up from FLV, or something coincidental is happening in the gaff when you vape FLV

Fair doo's, must be picking something up from FLV, or something coincidental is happening in the gaff when you vape FLV

i have atmos labs kaimaki on the go and it was happening last night with this. the concentrate is a bit cloudy, as are some of the FLV ones.i’ll be in the room with the purifier later so will have a wee swatch at the app. i dunno, if it’s particulates i cannae imagine it would be very good for the lungs. might ditch the offending ones.

i have atmos labs kaimaki on the go and it was happening last night with this. the concentrate is a bit cloudy, as are some of the FLV ones.i’ll be in the room with the purifier later so will have a wee swatch at the app. i dunno, if it’s particulates i cannae imagine it would be very good for the lungs. might ditch the offending ones.

New filter?

New filter?

no, the filter’s good i changed it about a month ago. what i mean is, if the purifier is picking up particulates in the vapour, and it’s to do with something in the concentrates, i’m wondering if that’s very good for the lungs. are particulates a thing that are universally bad, or does it matter what it actually is? not got a clue about this stuff really but interested to know if some concs are more health friendly than others.

Back
Top Bottom