What's new

Arcana 22

Kanalplus

Initiate
Day to everyone!
Recently got back to vaping and i need a bit of help.
Been using mostly xros 3 device since it's release along with my elder dragon rda and been quite happy with both but... i got introduced to NETs and decided to buy a proper mtl tank and retire both devices as i hardly use rda lately and xros coils last max 2 days with NET liquid.

After doing month long research i settled on Arcana 22 as it was getting excellent reviews.
Long story short flavour is just not there.
Tried 26g,28g, (both ni and k1) claptons, fused ones (all 2.5 id) but to no avail. Still playi.g with wicking and going insane slowly.
Tried also every premade juice that are perfect with xros but in arcana they have little to no taste.
Some of my diy adv taste like nail polish in it.

Did i get spoiled with pod? Are they relly that much better in flavour departmen?

If anyone nailed build and is willing to share some hints coiling and wicking it i would be more than thankful.

Have a great one

I find my acrcana pretty flavoursome, and that's on a standard kanthal coil, but the flavour on some stock mesh coils these days IS phenomenal, and I'd say that they have the edge, flavourwise at least. For me, stock coils don't put out that same kind of chewy vapour as RTAs, which is why I stick with them.

Yeah, you can be a bit spoiled with the quality of the flavor from pods nowadays. They truly have come a long way since the gen one pods.

You should, however, be able to get excellent flavor from the Arcana, or the other top rtas about, this being said with the caveat that I do not own an Arcana. And the flavor should be more nuanced with more depth and less prominent sweetness, so keep trying!

Personally, I’ve found that every time I don’t get the flavor I was expecting, it’s because of my wicking. Trying to avoid leaks, I have a tendency to use way to much cotton from the get go. Now you haven’t mentioned if you’re using 50:50 or 70:30 vg:pg juices, and this can certainly have consequences for your wicking. Certain rtas need more or less cotton, and it’s a matter of trial and error, really. And forget the fecking YouTube videos, some ape here will be able to help with the Arcana. I’m always trying to find that happy medium between no leaks and full saturation of the wick, and it’s often much less cotton than I thought :18:

Yeah, you can be a bit spoiled with the quality of the flavor from pods nowadays. They truly have come a long way since the gen one pods.

You should, however, be able to get excellent flavor from the Arcana, or the other top rtas about, this being said with the caveat that I do not own an Arcana. And the flavor should be more nuanced with more depth and less prominent sweetness, so keep trying!

Personally, I’ve found that every time I don’t get the flavor I was expecting, it’s because of my wicking. Trying to avoid leaks, I have a tendency to use way to much cotton from the get go. Now you haven’t mentioned if you’re using 50:50 or 70:30 vg:pg juices, and this can certainly have consequences for your wicking. Certain rtas need more or less cotton, and it’s a matter of trial and error, really. And forget the fecking YouTube videos, some ape here will be able to help with the Arcana. I’m always trying to find that happy medium between no leaks and full saturation of the wick, and it’s often much less cotton than I thought :18:

Guess i'll try to up my wicking game and perhaps change for another cotton (using CB prime atm). O also have tendency to use too much cotton.

Ever since i took xros device in my hand i had to check twice if i'm using the same liquid i've been using for months, years even as it pushed out flavours that i forgot about and were part of the mix. I would settle for pods if it weren't for NET that simply destroy coils in less than 2 days.
Ty for reply

Guess i'll try to up my wicking game and perhaps change for another cotton (using CB prime atm). O also have tendency to use too much cotton.

Ever since i took xros device in my hand i had to check twice if i'm using the same liquid i've been using for months, years even as it pushed out flavours that i forgot about and were part of the mix. I would settle for pods if it weren't for NET that simply destroy coils in less than 2 days.
Ty for reply
If you haven't tried it already, the BP cotton is pretty good, it comes in strips and is designed to fit 2.5 . 3.0 ID coils. It's kind of lazy (I'd always used muji pads before) but it's really convenient.

Ty for reply
If you haven’t tried them, La Tabacherria has a NET range called Extra Dry 4Pod, and though not quite up to the flavor of a classic NET, the one I have is mighty good and it is much kinder to your coils/wicks :2thumbsup:

And I can also recommend the BP cotton, works a charm :S

I find my acrcana pretty flavoursome, and that's on a standard kanthal coil, but the flavour on some stock mesh coils these days IS phenomenal, and I'd say that they have the edge, flavourwise at least. For me, stock coils don't put out that same kind of chewy vapour as RTAs, which is why I stick with them.

Wish i could say the same
Which wire do you use, and where you cut wicks, do you fluff/thin?

Been mimicking a lot of guides on YT but to no avail...
Getting more and more convinced that i'm not wicki g it right...
As it goes for cotton i have only cb prime and 2 packs from vapefly i believe for next two week as i'm on a vacation and unable to grab anything else.

Totally forgot about muji cotton, haven't used that and rayon since rebuilding those tiny nautilus coils decade ago
Regards

If you haven’t tried them, La Tabacherria has a NET range called Extra Dry 4Pod, and though not quite up to the flavor of a classic NET, the one I have is mighty good and it is much kinder to your coils/wicks :2thumbsup:

And I can also recommend the BP cotton, works a charm :S
Will add to my next purchase along with muji pads
Saw pod line from LT but decided to go with classic nets as i wasn't planning to keep using pod but i was rather pleasently surprised by it especially flavour it's bringinging out
Cheers

Wish i could say the same
Which wire do you use, and where you cut wicks, do you fluff/thin?

Been mimicking a lot of guides on YT but to no avail...
Getting more and more convinced that i'm not wicki g it right...
As it goes for cotton i have only cb prime and 2 packs from vapefly i believe for next two week as i'm on a vacation and unable to grab anything else.

Totally forgot about muji cotton, haven't used that and rayon since rebuilding those tiny nautilus coils decade ago
Regards
I don't really do much... I trim the cotton level with the atty diameter and as smoothly (as possible) slip it into the juice wells. If you're not getting dry hits or gurgling and the cotton doesn't look all dried out, I should imagine you're wicking it properly.

I don't really know what the answer could be....

I can mail you some cotton to try if you're in the uk somewhere, or for when you get back if not. PM me your address if any good.

Back
Top Bottom