What's new

Innokin Sceptre 2.

Astral

Achiever

Innokin Sceptre 2.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @Innokin and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

DSCF2714.jpg

It's been quite a long time since I've done a review.

In fact, it's been so long I'd almost gone into semi-retirement, because to be honest things had become a bit samey and it was becoming harder and harder to write new things about products that are often near identical. But when Innokin contacted me about reviewing this updated Sceptre 2 kit I knew I had to take it, just because I was curious to see if they could actually improve upon it, and I'm pleased to say they have.

You see, I'll level with you, I loved the original Sceptre.

I'm an unashamed fan-boy of it, and I make no bones about it, and even after all the kits I've tested, in my eyes, it hasn't been bettered, so it was highly unlikely this review was ever going to be anything but gushing, but gushing it's going to be and I make no apologies for it!

It was the first pod kit I ever owned and it converted me to using a pod as well as a standard box mod.

From the draw, to the battery life and the great flavour. It was, and still is, a fantastic little pod kit, but now, improved.

When I heard the Sceptre 2 was coming I was excited, and when it arrived I couldn't wait to open it up and get my greasy mitts on it.

I'd already looked through the spec sheet beforehand so I knew roughly what to expect, and most of what I'd hoped for looked like it'd been applied.

DSCF2666.jpg DSCF2667.jpg
DSCF2668.jpg DSCF2674.jpg

In the box it came with all I expected of Innokin: the pod, the USB Type-C charging cable, two different coils (a 0.5ohm and a 0.6ohm) and your literature.

DSCF2705.jpg DSCF2701.jpg

And as soon as I started using it, it was just like I expected too.

From the sufficient - but surprisingly unchanged - 1400mah internal battery to the same, excellent Sceptre coils, it's everything I'm used to and more - just now with quicker 5v/800mah USB-type-C charging and more accessible airflow adjustment.

It's still small(ish) at 104.3 27.93 X 17.62mm, and still very light.

The only real visual changes to it are that it now comes with a plain bare metal finish, and not the rubberised shell of old.

It has auto-draw, a new front mounted fire button, a three-tier LED charge illumination system, and a simple, magnetised 3ml Standard (and 2ml TPD) a rubber-bung fill port on one side and an accessible, relocated airflow adjuster on the other.

DSCF2677.jpg DSCF2678.jpg

It comes in a range of colours eight colours rom White, Rainforest (Green), Black, Purple, Pink, Blue, Grey and Red.

The airflow is wide ranging and can be very open on it's loosest settings, but it's certainly goes much tighter than the old one and you can adjust it down quite significantly if you want to - you really can get a very decent MTL out of it if that's your thing - but the scope is there if you want it - and the fact that it comes with 0.6ohm and 0.5ohm coils tell you who it's aimed at anyway.

DSCF2697.jpg

Despite this, there's really no reason you shouldn't be able to find a draw that suits your preference, and the coils are still just as flavourful and productive as they always were.

And as for them, these are seemingly maintained from the originals - with 0.5ohm (18-20W), 0.6ohm (12-13.5W) options and presumably, a 1.2ohm (9-10w) option too.

Helpfully, these now simply pop into the bottom of the pod via a press in housing, rather than screw into the inside of the base of it via a twist-off bottom. Much easier, and much less messy!

Just screw in a new one, pop it into the base and bam, you're good to go.

DSCF2693.jpg DSCF2695.jpg

Not forgetting to prime it first of course, the burnt taste won't be good!

I did this with my first Sceptre and to say I was annoyed with myself is an understatement, but as long as you can avoid this, you shouldn't have too many problems, and you should get an excellent and flavourful vape from the off.

The coils themselves, whilst being tiny, work really well with all strengths of nicotine and with both freebase nicotine and nicotine salts.

DSCF2685.jpg DSCF2688.jpg
DSCF2681.jpg DSCF2682.jpg

The device itself works well too. Three clicks of the power button turns it on, and three clicks turns it off.

It's both auto-draw and fire button activated, so all users are catered for, and as there's no screen or up/down buttons to concern yourself with, all that's left for you is to enjoy your vape.

Your wattage is determined by a double press of the power button where a red LED changes its illumination for your high setting, too a blue one for your low.

Your air-flow is then set by the wide, relocated airflow adjuster placed openly and accessibly on the pod's side, and not hidden away like before.

This is much less fiddly than the original lever type adjuster, where you had to remove the pod to do it, and much kinder on your nails!

The Sceptre has always provided me with a great vape, and I'm pleased to say it hasn't changed.

Two years on from getting my first, I still love it every bit as much, but now just a little bit more.

Some people may have other preferences but, for me, this is mine, and I imagine it is for many others too.

So, as you might have gathered, I've thoroughly enjoyed using this new Sceptre 2 kit and I've found nothing new to complain about.

Other than the battery capacity being unchanged - which left me slightly disappointed, they've done nothing wrong here and I'll be continuing to use it for a long time to come.

Innokin, and others, have released many pods kits since the original Sceptre was released, but it's taken until now for it to be bettered, and even then it's only because Innokin themselves have made a few simple improvements to something that already worked, and I, for one, am very pleased they have.

DSCF2676.jpg

Colours.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the review matey :2thumbsup: I wont buy Innokin products, both my Sensis and Sceptre are pretty much dead, seems like I only used them for 5 minutes, left with a ton of coils. The Sensis was bought to replace the faulty Sceptre and didn't last as long. Shame, as both were a very good vape.

Thanks for the review matey :2thumbsup: I wont buy Innokin products, both my Sensis and Sceptre are pretty much dead, seems like I only used them for 5 minutes, left with a ton of coils. The Sensis was bought to replace the faulty Sceptre and didn't last as long. Shame, as both were a very good vape.
Most of the @Innokin kits I’ve got are of good quality, but going by a recent purchase they do seem to be going down in quality.

Thanks for the review mate. Sounds like a winner.

Thanks so much @Astral for helping us do the review for Sceptre 2, glad to know you love sceptre 2 a little bit more! Thanks again for doing the informative and sincere review for Innokin Sceptre 2:57:

Great review @Astral, thanks for sharing your thoughts. You’ve clearly put a lot of effort into your review.

Back
Top Bottom