What's new

Aspire Zelos 3 Kit Review

Daredevil

Postman
Hello everyone

I hope you are all keeping well. It's been a while but here is my user review of the Zelos 3 kit which was sent to me by Aspire.

lro6bys1zxy61.jpg

The next generation of the Zelos family is now available in this kit consisting of the Zelos 3 mod and Nautilus 3 tank.

Inside the Box

cts7bhk30yy61.jpg

In this kit you receive
  • Zelos 3 mod

• Nautilus 3 tank

• Nautilus BVC Coil 1.8ohm

• 0.7ohm Nautilus 2S Mesh coil

• USB Type C Cable

• Spare drip tip

• O-rings

• User manual

• 510 MTL drip tip

hvvslhs9eyy61.jpg
The Kit comes in some stunning colours

The Zelos 3 mod

This robust but lightweight mod with a contoured shape is very comfortable to hold in the hand.
npwlya011yy61.jpg

With a sleek and modern look and premium feel from the aluminium and zinc alloy finish. The Zelos 3 has the power provided by a whopping internal 3200mAh battery which can be quickly charged via USB-C 2 amp charging. Max wattage output of 80W and Weighing in at 141gramms.The dimensions are 81x38x28mm.

On the face of the Zelos 3, you are greeted with a large square tactile fire button and wedge/arrow shaped + and - buttons. A .96TFT colour screen with 5 different colour options and brightness control. With battery percentage, wattage, voltage, coil resistance, amps, puff counter and vape time displayed in seconds this screen UI packs a lot of info for its size.

The menu is brought up by holding the fire button and up button. Scrolling through the menu using the up and down buttons. In Mode, you can select between Wattage, Bypass TC/TCR and CPS power mode. simply hover over the mode you prefer and hit the fire button to select. The screen is very bright and easy to read on the go. 3 clicks on the fire button locks in your choice.

In the options menu, you can change the screen colour to Blue /Green /Orange /Red and Purple. Screen brightness works well for me at around a third of the way from its lowest setting still bright and clear. This interface is very user friendly and simple to use.

Battery life from my usage consisted of 530 hits on the device out of the box with the installed Nautilus 2S Mesh 0.7ohm coil at 25Watts. and currently at 800 puffs writing this with the 1,8Ohm BVC coil at 14W with 24% left so yeah battery life for days in MTL mode.

tu1vi98g3yy61.jpg

The Zelos is powered on not by the way we have all become a customized to powering on a vaping device clicking button 3/4/5 time will not work. Aspie has brought an On /Off button to the base of the device. I really like this feature both from a safety aspect and the peace of mind knowing the device is off.

7fb9a7mkayy61.jpg

Aspire Nautilus 3 Tank
To start off The Nautilus 3 tank is compatible with all Aspire Nautilus coils!. The Nautilus range from Aspire dates back to the original Nautilus tank followed by several editions. I myself have owned and enjoyed some of these earlier on my vaping journey. The Nautilus comes in 2ml TPD edition and 4ml global for the rest of the world.

This tank has a lid that slides open to reveal a top filling port. I do wish they didn't use a red arrow to indicate the opening I think it takes away from the look of the tank a small indent would have surfaced. Build quality is excellent and some well thought out features. The airflow ring is easily adjustable when on a mod with grippy yet stylish knurling aiding this process. With 7 airflow options, it's enough to achieve the right airflow no matter what coil you use.

yrd7q6ociyy61.jpg

The included Nautilus 2S Mesh 0.7ohm coil gives a satisfying RDL vape ( Restricted Direct Lung ) with the widest airflow selected using a 70/30 PG/VG fruity flavoured e-liquid. Flavour is good from this coil at 25Watts with a nice warm vape and decent vapour production. I got to the 550 puff count before I felt the need to change out the coil.

Next included BVC 1.8Ohm coil at 14watts performed well with a 50/50 PG/VG e-liquid. No gurgling from this coil and still getting a nice MTL ( Mouth To Lung ) currently at 800 hits on the puff counter.

8lmailclmyy61.jpg

Summing up this user review the Aspire Zelos 3 Kit with some pros and cons

Pros

• Quality feel and Nice design

• Tactile buttons and premium feel to the device

• Easy of use

• No loss of liquid when swapping coils

• Good array of airflow options

• Great battery life

• Compatible with all Nautilus coils

• Type-C 2A charging

• Bright clear screen

Cons

• Not a fan of the MTL drip tip

• The red arrow on top of the tank indicating to the fill port ( Nit Picking )

Overall a solid piece of kit from Aspire and I had an enjoyable experience time testing this. I would happily give this a 9 out of 10 and would have no problem recommending this to a fellow vaper as a versatile piece of kit to own.

Back
Top Bottom