What's new

Back after a long absence

Rocket

I've been vaping over a decade, and just realised that my gear is absolutely ancient!

The most modern things I have are mech squonkers picked up at vapefest (remember that) maybe 10 years ago, plus a pile of stuff that I made myself long after RocketScienceMods went to the wall in 2014.

It works, it's good.

But what are the new 'best ofs' that I could pick up?

I like 18650 / 21700 cells, and have been squonking forever - anything amazing out there?

Matt

PS - I have no lathes, no mills, no workshops any more - I'm really feeling the urge to just go make something new, but obviously that's out of the question.

I think I am hunting for a small package with possibly a tank on it.... seen a voopoo drag x2 & thinking that kind of thing.....

Ni @Rocket and :welcome2: back to POTV. :)

I guess it depends on your preferred vaping style and the sort of coils you like using. For me, after trying lots of different atties over the past 11 years I've found my personal favourite which is squonking with a Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RDA. I'm using framed staple wire to make 3.5mm 4 wrap coils which I slightly space. They ohm out at about 0.25 and I vape around 45 - 50W.

What I really like about this setup is how little gunk builds up so the flavour just keeps on going and going producing top notch flavour.

Unfortunately because of disposables quite a few of the more decent atties are all out of stock everywhere including thiings like the Nitrous RDA but there are still quite a few good drippers around. The Wotofo Recurve v2 is very good IMO as are most of the Hellvape RDA's.

Squonk mods are also very thin on the ground but you can still get hold of Topside Dual and Centaurus squonkers plus I've seen quite a few mech squonk mods around if you prefer that.

Hi @Rocket don't know what to suggest to you as I've been out of the loop too on what's good, just wanted to say hi.

I'm sure someone with a bit more knowledge will chip in soon.

PS - I have no lathes, no mills, no workshops any more - I'm really feeling the urge to just go make something new, but obviously that's out of the question.

I think I am hunting for a small package with possibly a tank on it.... seen a voopoo drag x2 & thinking that kind of thing.....

Personally, I stopped using stock coil atties back in 2019 so I'm well out of the loop about what's good with them but I'm sure others will chip in who know more about stock coil tanks and pods. For me, I don't think you can beat a good dripper on a squonk mod.

If you are looking for a regulated squonk set up and you`re not too bothered about chips and aesthetics the vandy vape pulse v3 squonk mod is about 30 quid, I`ve said in the past it looks cheap and nasty, it feels cheap and nasty but it works brilliantly, and it`s 21700 cell. A decent dual cell squonker if you can find one , is the dovpo topside dual.
If you are looking for a regulated mod and rta set up you could throw a stone in a room full of them and come up with something decent.

For those who bemoan the lack of Squonk Mods currently available, it would appear that the Facebook Groups I use would disagree? I am regularly seeing some nice Mods coming to the Market, both New and Secondhand. I do completely understand that Facebook isn't for everyone, but I can see an uprising of Squonking on the horizon. That's the glorious thing about this hobby, the cyclical nature of it. Yes the AIO market is extremely buoyant, but it wasn't THAT long ago that you couldn't move for 18350 Tube Mech Mods, so yes, Squonking will return, IF it ever really went away?

If you are looking for a regulated squonk set up and you`re not too bothered about chips and aesthetics the vandy vape pulse v3 squonk mod is about 30 quid, I`ve said in the past it looks cheap and nasty, it feels cheap and nasty but it works brilliantly, and it`s 21700 cell. A decent dual cell squonker if you can find one , is the dovpo topside dual.
If you are looking for a regulated mod and rta set up you could throw a stone in a room full of them and come up with something decent.

Definitely agree with this. I've been using my Pulse v3 for a while now and it's a great little squonker. As @vapervince said it takes a single 21700 battery and the other nice thing I like with it is the bottle has a fill port with a flap that makes refilling an absolute sinche. It's not too big and actually feels quite nice in the hand. Although it's made from cheap plastic it certainly seems sturdy enough to do a decent job. The only problem is they are not easy to find. I got both mine from 3fvape but I think they are close to running out of stock.

I actually just found out from my tracking app that the second one I'm waiting for from 3fvape is due to arrive tomorrow.

Second vote for the Centaurus squonker, but don't get a Topside Dual, you'll make me jealous, can't get hold of them where I am !

Welcome back to the fold :)

Tracked postage to you would be around £20 and Ecigclouds have the Topside available in black, red and blue so if you really wanted one I could get it and post it to you if that would help.

Back
Top Bottom