What's new

Back after a long absence

Tracked postage to you would be around £20 and Ecigclouds have the Topside available in black, red and blue so if you really wanted one I could get it and post it to you if that would help.
Thanks for the offer, I do appreciate it but honestly, it'd cost a fair bit more than that to get it into my hand here - that is if it makes it, which isn't a 100% sure thing even with tracking, and even paying DHL prices which I imagine would be 50 quid or so plus insurance. After that, whatever the post office or DHL etc. say it'll cost in import duty at this end, there'll be an additional charge determined by the phase of the moon or something :)

Cheers though :):) - in fact a mate is coming over soon but we've already used up our 'bring us a little something' favour with requests for Euthymol toothpaste and cheese !

No worries. If you think of a way I could help I'm happy to see what I can do and as an ordinary person I might be able to get away with not saying what's in the parcel.

No worries. If you think of a way I could help I'm happy to see what I can do and as an ordinary person I might be able to get away with not saying what's in the parcel.
Things are much more restrictive than they used to be. I find myself sending stuff to people around the world fairly often Last month it was my mates Maltese ID and UK DVLC card that he managed to leave here, last Dec it was another mate's mobile phone that he drunkenly left in a taxi at 3am.... about 4 hours before boarding his flight home.

Both DHL and the local equivalent of the post office are very keen to know exactly what's being sent, even if it's clearly almost nothing like 2 cards in an envelope - they examine the unpacked contents on their side of the counter and you don't get our hands on it again, the old days where you could send a pre-sealed box are gone I think.

Additionally at this end, there's the 'charge the foreigner a random amount on top' and 'maybe it was evil spirits that took the parcel' factors, it's not worth bothering really :) - just getting a replacement bank card sent over is a trial.

I just need to organise next time somebody is coming over and I've not run out of decent toothpaste !

Back
Top Bottom