What's new

BB draining battery

The reason I'm asking is because the VC4S has a grading mode, it runs the battery right down and puts a charge back into it, telling you how many usable mAh's the battery takes, if its less than 80% of the as-new mAh's for the battery, time to recycle.

Cos some people like numbers to hang their hat off...

The fogstar code is POTV20 for 20% for anyone who doesn't already know.

Going off subject, I need new batteries anyway, but need a couple that fit @vapesmarter modmaker tube thingy, not all do, only the two sony's that I have and I've rewrapped one of them n now doesn't fit.....tagged him for compatibility for that....lol

Going off subject, I need new batteries anyway, but need a couple that fit @vapesmarter modmaker tube thingy, not all do, only the two sony's that I have and I've rewrapped one of them n now doesn't fit.....tagged him for compatibility for that....lol
The fogstar wraps are quite thin not as good quality as odb but a thinner cheaper wrap might help.

The reason I'm asking is because the VC4S has a grading mode, it runs the battery right down and puts a charge back into it, telling you how many usable mAh's the battery takes, if its less than 80% of the as-new mAh's for the battery, time to recycle.

Cos some people like numbers to hang their hat off...

Cheers fella, good to know......it's all looking like it's pointing to the batts

I've not experienced it myself but I've herd that older batteries can swell slightly from heat over time too

Seems the VC4SL has the same functions the VC4S had, fogstar have them in stock.

The fogstar wraps are quite thin not as good quality as odb but a thinner cheaper wrap might help.

Cheers, got fogstar rewraps on the Molicel, but still too thick......on the sony rewrap it's a cheap thin jobby from drip drop, but somehow won't fit now...lol

the biggest problem with the early tubes was that some batteries didn't fit this was down to all batteries are not the same size they could be 18650 21700 "ish" when in fact they were 21701 or 18651.5 china not working to an iso that the UK is stricter caused hellish problems the new tubes have a tolerance of 2mm for the battery that how bad it got

the biggest problem with the early tubes was that some batteries didn't fit this was down to all batteries are not the same size they could be 18650 21700 "ish" when in fact they were 21701 or 18651.5 china not working to an iso that the UK is stricter caused hellish problems the new tubes have a tolerance of 2mm for the battery that how bad it got

I first noticed this when I found a Samsung 30T would actually fit in my (cloned) Purge truck 20700 Mech mod but a Molicel P42a wouldn't. I had a brain fart and decided Molicel must use thick wraps - so I removed it and replaced it with a cheap skinny one. It didn't work - the Molicel P42a is wider than the Samsung.

I had a similar experience with a Tsunami 18650 Mech - it was fine with a Sony VTC5a, but when I put a Molicel P26a in it I had a bastard of a time getting the battery out - luckily both ends of the mech unscrew so I could push the battery out with my thumb otherwise it would probably still be in there now.

I've read a few comments claiming it is the battery wraps being thicker that causes the variation - that may be partly true, but the batteries themselves seem to be made on a close enough basis from some manufacturers. Most of my mods can take any brand of cell without issue but I have a couple where I have to think carefully about what battery I put in there if I ever want to get the bloody thing out again. I've pretty much transferred to buying Molicels only, but I still buy a few VTC5as and Sammy 30Ts because I know they are accurately sized.

Back
Top Bottom