What's new

Been asked for Advice

Damn, so many good comment in this thread. like every single one - I want to reply to them all but my post would be long as.. :thankssign:

I'm going to take the list of MODs and see if there are any she like the look of/prefers as if shes not happy with it in her hand then we aren`t even going to get off the ground.

Taste, nic strength and right draw will be tricky but hopefully she will persevere and follow my advice on how I dialed this in over the first month or two.

I'm going to follow the keep it simple advice to :2thumbsup:

Will post back with what she chooses. Any late comers feel free to wade in - I don`t think this will be decided in the next day or two.

Taste, nic strength and right draw will be tricky but hopefully she will persevere and follow my advice on how I dialed this in over the first month or two.

It's tricky but so important... if she hates the taste she'll not want to vape it regardless of the kit. Just make sure she has some choice.... maybe a selection from LiQuid to keep that cost down.

It's tricky but so important... if she hates the taste she'll not want to vape it regardless of the kit. Just make sure she has some choice.... maybe a selection from LiQuid to keep that cost down.

Very very good point - Just though I could mix her up a load of flavors but then thought my home made might put her off for life :D

Very very good point - Just though I could mix her up a load of flavors but then thought my home made might put her off for life :D

ah I see.... well that's a good option too and very good of you. :)

I started with an Aspire Pockex which I bought in a shop on the high street. I used Dinner Lady Lemon Tart and Purity Belgian Cocoa as my starter juices and it was an instant switch from smoking to vaping. It served me well. Just keep the Aspire upright because if it falls over it gets a bit gurgly. And get an adapter and longer drip tip from the driptip store because the Aspire drip tip is too short for a good vape. I still use the Aspire now, 8 months on, I don't get the best flavour from it but it's a good piece of reliable kit.

I soon moved onto Artery Pal II Pro with 1.0 coil which I think is an excellent starter kit and I've have tried most of the Dinner Lady Juices and got 3ml tanks for it. I'd recommend all Dinner Lady, some are better than others and I have my favourites but they are solid and reliable juices for sweets/cakes/ices.

I use Manabush in my Zlide on my Vaporesso Swag for my more relaxed vaping. Currently chugging on Firewater 4 and can't get enough of it but also enjoy the Tribute range.

With both Manabush and Dinner Lady, I found that if my flavour is fading, I can start adding a different flavour without getting a big ding dong going on. It's less wasteful and means you don't have to keep emptying and cleaning out tanks.

My advice is go for some good flavours that will ride over coils that don't give that much flavour (Aspire Pockex/dinner Lady/Purity did that for me). Then start to experiment. The Artery was the kit that secured the deal for me. And get absorbed in it. Treat it as a hobby and it'll soon start to replace the smokes.

Good luck with persuading your friend.

Angela

Will post back with what she chooses. Any late comers feel free to wade in - I don`t think this will be decided in the next day or two.

The fact your friend wants to quit will make it a bit easier, as they will likely tolerate something not exactly ideal to begin with just to stay off smoking.

I'd look for a pod that that has reasonably cheap spare pods &/or replaceable coils so they can try various liquids easily.

And be prepared to go out of the comfort-zone when choosing liquid flavours, as we can end up vaping all sorts to keep us off the cancer sticks.

I hated the taste of menthol cigs, but it was a peppermint mentho flavour l that got me to stick with vaping. Along with a 'Mountain Dew' like flavour for a change when I got vapers tongue due to a peppermint overdose.

And only recently I've switched to a Fruit Salad / Refershers type mix that I can't get enough of.

Back
Top Bottom