What's new

Best brick and mortar locations

we tip if looking for start up grants etc good chance you wont qualify with uncertainty of tpd [ happened to my friend 18 month ago ] may have changed since thought so maybe if going for grants a wee white lie could be the way ie primary sales could be phone repair shop then change to your own thing

So my next question is, how much do you guys think is enough to start out. So this includes, stock, furnishings etc. If we forget about the rent for the store front for the moment as that varies considerably.
difficult to say not a lot of fittings in a vape shop. Counter(glass) is important look for good second hand ....... bookcases will be good to display juice stock behind it. 2nd hand till about £50(e bay) use izettle or similar for card transactions reader is another £50(maplins) wouldnt put sofas in it the encourage loitering and look tatty quickly so get some bar stools or chairs. Think carefully about the lighting. Its important that whilst being a temp that you dont look like one. A diabond sign would run to a few £100 depending on size
As for stock i guess the skies the limit and would depend on where you wanted to place yourself in the market dont know the vape market but as a start up I doubt youll get a line of credit so it will be all Pro Forma at least at first

Do a proper cash flow forecast(and be honest with yourself) theres a good one here https://www.startuploans.co.uk/cash-flow-forecast-template/

As far as rent goes bear in mind you may be asked for as much as 3 months in advance. If you are lucky you might get somewhere for little more than the rates(+ service charge if aplicable) and a token rent...... and should be where you start negotiating from as the agents will always try to squeeze you

Be prepared for rejection there arent many that will do temps on anything decent even in the current ecconomic climate

And remember location location location;)

Back
Top Bottom