What's new

Brand new Smok X8 coil is stuck?

McArthur

Initiate
I've just purchased a brand new Smok X8 with the TFV8 X-BABY coil and I've been using it for about 4 days and now I need to change the coil. I've dismantled it but the coil is literally stuck. I can't get any grip to remove the coil and I've tried everything - even pliers won't get it to budge! Any ideas?

I'm half tempted to return it to the shop I purchased it from but thought I'd see if anybody had any ideas first.

Many thanks.

Try wrapping a elastic band round it you may get better grip
Also stick it in freezer for about 15 mins and try again

If it's the same tank I'm thinking of, I had a similar issue when it was brand new. The prefitted coil was stuck and I had to remove the glass to get a better grip on the coil.

Used the coils that came in the box then stuck it on my vape graveyard shelf. Haven't used it since, I wasn't a fan.

If it's the same tank I'm thinking of, I had a similar issue when it was brand new. The prefitted coil was stuck and I had to remove the glass to get a better grip on the coil.

Used the coils that came in the box then stuck it on my vape graveyard shelf. Haven't used it since, I wasn't a fan.
This is it. Completely stuck to the top cap :S

Attachments

• 20180103_135402.jpg
    20180103_135402.jpg
    927.5 KB · Views: 247
Use some pliers on the coil, it won't matter if you damage that, and wrap a rubber band or glove around the tank portion.

Looks similar to what happened to mine. Rubber band tight round the top cap for better grip or wrap in a cloth and grip with pliers or similar (don't be too excessive if doing the latter as you can still mark/scratch the top cap through the cloth with pliers). Then take a pair of pliers to the coil and give it a right good twist. (Righty tighty, lefty loosey)

I had to brute force mine the first time, think there was some debris left over from manufacturing in the threads. That's also one of the couple reasons why I don't like the tank.

It could be that this is a new design feature by smok to make thier coils last longer,innovation keeps changing the vape experiance...

Looks similar to what happened to mine. Rubber band tight round the top cap for better grip or wrap in a cloth and grip with pliers or similar (don't be too excessive if doing the latter as you can still mark/scratch the top cap through the cloth with pliers). Then take a pair of pliers to the coil and give it a right good twist. (Righty tighty, lefty loosey)

I had to brute force mine the first time, think there was some debris left over from manufacturing in the threads. That's also one of the couple reasons why I don't like the tank.
Two pairs of circular grip pliers and I've finally managed to get it off! They must have been machine tightened! Phew :56:

well done, probably the same issue as mine. Debris on the threads jamming the coil. The next ones should come out easier

If it happens again, put some juice on the threads before installing a new coil, it will act as lubricant.

Back
Top Bottom