What's new

Broke my Cthulhu AIO- replacement suggestions

Kenneth

Postman
… please.

I dropped it, it’s beaten up badly and I need a replacement. I vape DTL, had PNP coils in a BP Mods TMD Boro Tank most of the time and am happy to keep doing that, but in what?

vaping at around 42w so 18650 is mostly fine, although compact 21700 good too. Small size is quite important.

Currently have another Cthulhu (delrin version) in a basket but I don’t think I have really kept up with what’s out there. So, any suggestions would be most welcome.

cheers all

Last edited:
Another Cthulhu
A Cthulhu Hastur 21700 (held one today in Vaping101 - very nice too hold and didn't feel too big compared to the original)
SXK BB DNA or non DNA
Legit BB
Pulse AIO / AIO.5 / AIO.5 Mini (18650 version)

There's also the Stubby and Stubby 21 but coming from an OG Cthulhu I think you'd find them to be quite girthy (I had a Stubby 21 in the other hand when checking out the Hastur and the Hastur definitely felt better to hold). Same with the Steam Crave Meson - it would probably be a bit big.

Another Cthulhu
A Cthulhu Hastur 21700 (held one today in Vaping101 - very nice too hold and didn't feel too big compared to the original)
SXK BB DNA or non DNA
Legit BB
Pulse AIO / AIO.5 / AIO.5 Mini (18650 version)

There's also the Stubby and Stubby 21 but coming from an OG Cthulhu I think you'd find them to be quite girthy (I had a Stubby 21 in the other hand when checking out the Hastur and the Hastur definitely felt better to hold). Same with the Steam Crave Meson - it would probably be a bit big.
Stubby21 feels lot better in the hand compared to say the pulse & size wise there is nothing in it.

You've got to congratulate Bogan for graduating from the Tony B school of cashgrab...

I looked at the Steam crave meson but the button placement didn’t look ideal. I already have an sxk bb and feel it’s a bit bulky for an 18650.

re the Cthulhu Hastur, is it basically the same but bigger for the 21700 and with a different bridge?

Stubby21 feels lot better in the hand compared to say the pulse & size wise there is nothing in it.

It's more the width than the overall size. If you're used to a deck of cards shaped mod like the Cthulhu then the Stubby feels quite chunky to hold (in my hands at least). I held the Cthulhu 18650, Cthulhu Hastur and the Stubby 21 to compare them.

jgEeCYJ.jpg

I looked at the Steam crave meson but the button placement didn’t look ideal. I already have an sxk bb and feel it’s a bit bulky for an 18650.

re the Cthulhu Hastur, is it basically the same but bigger for the 21700 and with a different bridge?

Yeah it's basically just scaled up a little bit to accommodate the bigger battery. I think they may have updated the chip too but you'd need to look into that. The shop was busy so I didn't really have time to ask a lot of questions today! Oh, and it only comes with the Kraken tank, I don't think a bridge is included. Again, worth checking that out properly though.

Any love for the Beeper?

Andy was using one in Vaping101 today and it seems decent too if you like the 90s pager styling. He had an Abyss Caliburn adapter in it I think.

I can't do single 18650 devices though as I vape all day using a Ponte mesh RDTA boro or TMD boro with 0.2 GTX coil at 45W.

Despite there being very little about the device online, I opted for the Cthulhu Hastur AIO.

Happy with it so far.

8744C301-7C61-464D-815E-3480DE1F8F0C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom