What's new

Bugger got my covid vacc appointment

Cool good to know and kinda the best but is i have nerve damage in my arms and a few other places so won't feel it but will still look away anyway lol and yes it's the pen type I use
Thats it mate just look away when i had mine i did not even know the nurse had done it until she told me i was done good luck with yours mate iam sure you will be fine.

@stuartd for some reason us diabetics got missed off the list till last week, i also have to go Thursday afternoon for my 1st jab.
after 40 years of injecting insulin, albeit via a pump the last 8 of those it's not a worry. At least it isn't like a HBA1C. I hate needles into veins. I am going to guess the Covid Jab will be a longer needle than those used for diabetes. Diabetes syringe is made to go into the fat below the skin, you can bet the Covid jab goes deeper, into the muscle. I don't have a flu jab each year as the twice i have done i spent 3 weeks ill, so my main worry is the jab makes me unwell.

That is on of my worrys aswell not heard much about people with diabetes getting any side effects but it will be one thing I make sure I ask about and from what I've seen on the telly the needle is longer than what I use which is a thin short thing and as for the flu jab I got it once and like you felt like crap for weeks so have never gotten it again and I usually get the flu well before the jag time comes along so no use for me getting it

Thats it mate just look away when i had mine i did not even know the nurse had done it until she told me i was done good luck with yours mate iam sure you will be fine.

Iam sure I will but like I said to crustyfolker above I have some questions I want to ask

Does anyone remember getting TB jabs at school, they where the worst for soreness and many if not all still have a mark. i did end up in hospital one time through the flu jab, really ill with the flu which caused ketoacidosis, (blood turning to acid). I would rather get the Covid jab than risk full blown Covid. By Saturday i will know if it's making me unwell. One suggestion i will make for all diabetics is monitor your blood glucose more for the first week or more if you feel unwell. Use Sick day practices ie taking more insulin than usual. If anyone needs a link to sick day practices let me know and i will find and link it here. But it's probably on diabetesuk website. Good luck folks.

All the best with it Stuart - I'm just waiting on my 2nd one now. They're really ripping through the population with jabs now, it's very impressive.

Don't worry you wont feel a thing.
upload_2021-2-23_22-32-4.png

Back
Top Bottom