What's new

Competitions.

TP 72

Achiever
Am I as the modern saying goes (out of touch) vendors and manufacturers start a competition on POTV then when you go to enter it your taken to other social media sites to enter, my question is why? As some members don’t use some of the other social media sites it rules them out and can’t enter the competition. I know I’ve spoke about this before but if a competition is for POTV members it should be available for all members. If I am out of touch and this is the modern way of doing things then forgive my ramblings and I won’t mention it again, if I’m wrong please accept my apology and I’ll shut up.

They're advertising competitions that have a wider audience than POTV, being run through their social media platforms. I understand where you're coming from, frankly I don't bother if the competition is off POTV. Said this before, there's a reason my driving license doesn't say hack400 ;) Plus, it's just a way of farming email addresses to mass market spam. 'Tis the way of the world...

I can't speak for all of them but the Sourcemore comps don't need you to have social media (just an email to confirm your real). Other than the Twatter one, you can still get entries for viewing their Facebook and Instagram pages without an account of your own.

They're advertising competitions that have a wider audience than POTV, being run through their social media platforms. I understand where you're coming from, frankly I don't bother if the competition is off POTV. Said this before, there's a reason my driving license doesn't say hack400 ;) Plus, it's just a way of farming email addresses to mass market spam. 'Tis the way of the world...
Seems like I’m a bit out of touch :14:

Hey love

I get where you are coming from, its annoying but yeo tis the way if the world as hack man said its all about the Socials now.

Shame really, i think some still do competitions for potv only like Innokin, they are pretty good.

It might not help but the next time you see one that wants us to link through to the social maybe add a comment with your feedback, worth a shot

Im afraid we are getting old my lovely lol

Dee x

In "some" cases.... such as the £50 Coupon one, we close the thread, especially when it is a requirement that you provide other details. POTV Comps and Giveaways are just that.. For POTV Members. :2thumbsup:

I don't do social media so that rules me out of competitions that use it but it is understandable vendors etc aren't going to be too interested in doing competitions just for POTV members.

You'd be surprised how many actually do just that! :2thumbsup:

I'm with you @TP 72 it's well annoying.

It's like @hack400 says, and I understand why they do it, but I'm not interested in giving up my info to enter a competition that has been posted on a hundred different forums or platforms.

I mainly take part in the exclusive giveaways and comps here because 1) you actually stand a chance of winning and 2) it's good to take part in something and if you do win it's a bonus. E.g. I won a pebble mod from @vapesmarter and every time I use it it reminds me of how chuffed I was to win it in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom