What's new

Complain to the PCC about the Daily Mail - easy to do

Well her is here on Twitter @EmmaJinnes time to do a bit of twatting I say

Last edited:
Done and done!!!

"I felt the article was baseless and misleading.

Its content was entirely subjective and based on assumptions that I believe to be erroneous.

There was no balance to this article and totally misrepresented the subject matter.

Personally I see little point in complaining about the Daily Mail.

It will just continue to publish shit and those who read it aren't having their opinions formed - they're having their bigotry confirmed.

It may make people feel better to do something about it but there will always be Daily Mail readers.

The battle for ecigs isn't going to be won by fighting Stupid, it will be won by winning the middle ground with logic and argument.

I just did my bit and complained but like Mawsley I don't think it will make any difference to the D.F.
Now back to me DIY Banana Custard :bananamonkey:

Did it,done it & enjoyed reporting the Daily Fail to the PCC

As well as being based on research that appears to not even exist... (really? even for the DF that's poor)

"E-cigarette smokers"

ding. e-cig users don't smoke anything, there IS NO SMOKE.

"12% of students who use them have never smoked a conventional cigarette"

ding. False and based on this study by Sutfin et al. the 12% refers to ever used not use the real figure of never smokers who regularly use e-cigs is more like under 1% this is a HUGE exaggeration.

I have complained to the PCC but while I think the DF are unlikely to care a great deal it does matter if they print a retraction as then anyone who brings up this sorry excuse for an article won't be able to link to it (it will get deleted from the DF site as previous ones were) and it will help to stop the spread of crap and the less crap there is the easier it is to talk sense to the middle ground.

Well done Matt for organizing this. Can imagine it is going to be a long day for complaint officers on Monday over at the PCC. They are going to come in after a great weekend off, log on to the computer and first words will be WTF!!!

Back
Top Bottom