What's new

Complain to the PCC about the Daily Mail - easy to do

Done this is what I wrote
Please explain how you believe the Code of Practice has been breached
Accuracy: i) The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information, including pictures.
This research has not even started being done there are campaigns both for and against Ecigs, and while I am pro Ecigs, this kind of made up story helps neither side as it makes anti Ecig groups think they have a stronger case and inflames the pro Ecig community. Until we truly know what long term effects Ecigs have news media should not be publishing scaremongering stories such as this.

Thank You.
Robert J Gleave

Just catching up after a week with Man Flu (genuine coz I caught it off a man)!

Well done for sharing this Matt Gluggles it enables more of us to help in the fight.

I've done this as it's important to use every means possible to educate people correctly about vaping. Even if that just means getting ridiculous articles removed from DF.

It reminds me of the nursery rhyme:

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Each time I write a letter, tweet an MP or report the DF to the PCC etc, I think of it as one more nail!!

I have received an email response to my complaint today:-

Thank you for contacting the Press Complaints Commission regarding the Daily Mail article headlined “'E-cigarette smokers inhale more nicotine and toxins than regular smokers': Study finds 'users are unknowingly inhaling' a host of dangerous chemicals”.

We are currently investigating this article following an earlier complaint. We will let you know the outcome of our investigation when we can.

Best wishes

Simon Yip
Complaints Coordinator
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Press Complaints Commission [/FONT]

+1 here too,hope that's not just a "default" email to appease the angry

Back
Top Bottom