What's new

copd

lene

Postman
how do you know you've got copd? i think if i didnt stop smoking i'd be dead! doctor says i havent but i still worry!

how do you know you've got copd? i think if i didnt stop smoking i'd be dead! doctor says i havent but i still worry!
I was recommended by the asthma nurse at surgery at the doctor referred me too the hospital

If your Doctor says you haven't, then it is all good. When I finally quit the fags, due to Cancer, I thought I had COPD, my chest was that bad. But now I have been vaping for nearly two years, my chest is very clear. My Doctor says that my lung capacity is actually pretty good considering I smoked for 35 years.

just that i have phlegm at the back of my throat. and i feel like i can't breathe when i try to clear it! but when i have a drink i'm fine. i also have ms. going back to uni to complete my art degree! need to be well for that! after that i want to be a midwife! so i need to be well! seeing my doctor tomorrow for my health review!

just that i have phlegm at the back of my throat. and i feel like i can't breathe when i try to clear it! but when i have a drink i'm fine. i also have ms. going back to uni to complete my art degree! need to be well for that! after that i want to be a midwife! so i need to be well! seeing my doctor tomorrow for my health review!

Good luck.

I have COPD and Asthma, i didn't know what it was till the Doctor told me i had it. I have 2 Inhalers, 1 is Ventolin and the other is Salbutamol. I can get out of breath sometimes but don't really use the Inhalers, Doctor says i should use the Ventolin everyday and the Salbutamol when i need it. I do suffer with Phlegm but it's normally when i first get up.

If you vape you are more than likely to get phlegm because the vapour is made ou of tiny particles of whatever you have in your tank and it`s inevitable that some will settle in your lungs and need to be gotten rid of from time to time. It sounds disgusting but you could cough into tissue and look at what`s coming up, if the phlegm contains blood, tastes off or is coloured you should get it checked out.

I have never let phlegm concern me tbh, i did notice it had worsened since i had Pneumonia a few years back, i think inhalers also tend to loosen it because i tend to cough up more when i have used one. I was shocked with the Asthma Diagnosis as i have never had an attack. The test where you have to blow into something to get a reading was pretty poor in fairness.

Back
Top Bottom