What's new

Darla the dragonfly

It does look like a mask never seen that before they are also a very strong as i have seen them carrying their partner in flight on their backs when mating.
Hi mate. Some wont like.
But I know your a fisherman. From as a kid in the 70's to now.
Dragon Fly, mud eyes we call them, before they hatch. Are Trout Candy. In all my life, trout fishing, my favourite up until 10 yrs ago was mudeye fishing. I find them under rocks and best submerged logs or limbs, and fish with them under a very small clear, no colour, bubble float. The ones you can fill to what you want with water then put the stop in. Best i used were French Bonand brand. Clear as water when filled.
Id half fill them. The size i use are about a marble size. Mate, its a killer combo for trout. I fill like I said then put a tiny twig as a stopper in one of the line holes. The bait 12 inches below the float. Killer combo mate. I swear by it. My father taught me it. He was an awesome trout fisho here. :2thumbsup:
Ps, don't know if this brand you get there, but Berkley makes a great soft plastic mudeye. Looks 100% real and fools em.

Last edited:
I actually learned something new about bees the other day. One landed on the table right next to me. It had little pollen packets attached to both it's hind legs. First time I've ever seen it. Never knew that bees stick little pollen packets to themselves. Pretty damn cool if you ask me. :14:

Every day's a school day. :22:
Hi mate. Yep, the old saying "the bees knees"
My dad was a bee keeper in the 7Os, we loved going with him and getting the honeycomb.
This from, maybe a yr or two ago... But no sad, my dad gone now 15 yrs. Lived an awesome life..
See the pollen. There's your honey. :2thumbsup:
IMG_20210831_115502_258.jpg

Hi mate. Some wont like.
But I know your a fisherman. From as a kid in the 70's to now.
Dragon Fly, mud eyes we call them, before they hatch. Are Trout Candy. In all my life, trout fishing, my favourite up until 10 yrs ago was mudeye fishing. I find them under rocks and best submerged logs or limbs, and fish with them under a very small clear, no colour, bubble float. The ones you can fill to what you want with water then put the stop in. Best i used were French Bonand brand. Clear as water when filled.
Id half fill them. The size i use are about a marble size. Mate, its a killer combo for trout. I fill like I said then put a tiny twig as a stopper in one of the line holes. The bait 12 inches below the float. Killer combo mate. I swear by it. My father taught me it. He was an awesome trout fisho here. :2thumbsup:
Ps, don't know if this brand you get there, but Berkley makes a great soft plastic mudeye. Looks 100% real and fools em.
Hi mate i take it you are talking about fly fishing i dont really know much about fly fishing but i do know that fly fisherman use fake flys that look like the real thing my self i dont fish anymore and when i did it was for big carp only and when i say big carp i mean i was not happy with anything under 20LB the biggest i caught was a 35.LB Mirror i knew i would never catch anything bigger in the UK so gave it up another reason i gave it up was that my best mate i use to go with passed away and i use to miss him on the bank as we always got on so well and had a laugh.

Hi mate i take it you are talking about fly fishing i dont really know much about fly fishing but i do know that fly fisherman use fake flys that look like the real thing my self i dont fish anymore and when i did it was for big carp only and when i say big carp i mean i was not happy with anything under 20LB the biggest i caught was a 35.LB Mirror i knew i would never catch anything bigger in the UK so gave it up another reason i gave it up was that my best mate i use to go with passed away and i use to miss him on the bank as we always got on so well and had a laugh.
Hey mate, tagged you in on a new fishing thread :2thumbsup:

Mate sorry your friend passed away, am to hear that. They were big fish in anyones book. I got a 15 lb carp a few months ago before the cold set in. I was using an Abu Soron reel with a Silstar rod locked up the drag to full 5kg drag, and it still pulled out line. Crazy fish mate.
Was below a big spillway with lots of air in the water, it was supercharged! :2thumbsup:

Hi mate. Yep, the old saying "the bees knees"
My dad was a bee keeper in the 7Os, we loved going with him and getting the honeycomb.
This from, maybe a yr or two ago... But no sad, my dad gone now 15 yrs. Lived an awesome life..
See the pollen. There's your honey. :2thumbsup:
View attachment 284611
Hey bud.

Yeah, that makes sense. Just never thought about it until I actually saw it for myself. Knew they carried nectar in a second stomach but never once did I consider how they transported pollen. Couldn't count how many bees I've seen in my life but that's the first time I've ever seen one with pollen packs.

Being a bee keeper would be cool AF. :14:

I bought a little bee necklace last year and adopted a queen bee in the process. Bombed the garden with pollinator-plant seeds before selling and moving. Hope the new owners like bees too! :D

They really are super cool.:14:

Hey bud.

Yeah, that makes sense. Just never thought about it until I actually saw it for myself. Knew they carried nectar in a second stomach but never once did I consider how they transported pollen. Couldn't count how many bees I've seen in my life but that's the first time I've ever seen one with pollen packs.

Being a bee keeper would be cool AF. :14:

I bought a little bee necklace last year and adopted a queen bee in the process. Bombed the garden with pollinator-plant seeds before selling and moving. Hope the new owners like bees too! :D

They really are super cool.:14:
Hi mate. They are amazing things. I have a healthy respect for them, the wild feral bush ones. Me and them dont mix. Im convinced the faint buzz emitted by metal detector coils aggravates them. Iv been attacked a number of times by them, once seriously and needed a shot at the hospital. I keep a very open eye out for them these days. Im sure a couple of guys here kept a hive in their yards, can't recall who though.
Cheers mate.

Back
Top Bottom