What's new

DIY juicing - before I go shopping questions.

jacinabox

Postman
I think I've got my head into gear with having a go at some DIY juices. I'm fairly certain, with the info' in this forum, that I know where to buy VG/PG and nicotine.
But I do have a few questions, I'm aiming to make 70VG/30PG juice with 3mg nic strength.
*I've heard of AG (aqueous VG) In what situations might I need to use this? Do I need it if I'm going for 70/30 juice?
*I see that it's relatively cheap to buy in VG & PG in bulk, 5lts for not a lot of cash. How long will this keep for - I assume the containers are foil sealed. Does it need any special storage care - avoid exposure to sunlight or freezing?
*Nicotine - must be kept in the freezer? Looking at buying 4 x 100ml bottles. Freeze 3 and 1 "ready use" in the fridge.

Finally, Heisenberg is one of my favourite juices and this where I want to start before perhaps getting more adventurous and try blending. Vampire Vapes sells the concentrates, is it simply adding the right volume to base and nic mixture and I'll get juice as good as the ready made product?

Help and advice appreciated :)

A couple of answers to your questions:

* AG is VG with a small % of distilled water added. Useful to thin down a high % VG juice. You dont have to use this though, as long as your tank can cope with the high VG.

* I don't think my bottles of VG/PG/Nic were foil sealed. Should keep for 1-2 years (check websites for manufacturers guidelines). Keep Nic out of direct sunlight.

* Hiesenburg concentrate - just add to VG/PG mix at the right Nic %. Loads of calculators out there to help you work out the right amounts.

Tip - Start small (you don't want loads of stuff you don't like) & steep for 2+ weeks, shaking daily.

:goodluck:

*I see that it's relatively cheap to buy in VG & PG in bulk, 5lts for not a lot of cash. How long will this keep for - I assume the containers are foil sealed. Does it need any special storage care - avoid exposure to sunlight or freezing?

Best to keep everything you plan on storing long term in the dark if you can really. VG and PG are very stable, you won't have an issue with it going off. Both VG and PG are hygroscopic (absorb water) so you should store them in a dry place with the caps screwed on properly.

*Nicotine - must be kept in the freezer? Looking at buying 4 x 100ml bottles. Freeze 3 and 1 "ready use" in the fridge.

Nicotine is less stable than the above, so yes if you're planning on keeping it for a long time it should be in the freezer. I bought a litre last year, split it into 10x100mL and keep one in the cupboard for use and the rest in the freezer.

Finally, Heisenberg is one of my favourite juices and this where I want to start before perhaps getting more adventurous and try blending. Vampire Vapes sells the concentrates, is it simply adding the right volume to base and nic mixture and I'll get juice as good as the ready made product?

Yeah, pretty much. You might have to let it steep for a few days, but a flavour like that is probably good to go almost straight away. A word of advice though, get yourself some electronic scales (accurate to 0.01 g or better, have a look on Amazon, they're cheap) and mix by mass instead of volume. No washing up that way and it's much quicker.

For blending, start with recipe's published online. Don't buy loads of different concentrates you think sound amazing, because most of them won't be and you don't have the experience to know what works well with what - I made this mistake.

A couple of answers to your questions:

* AG is VG with a small % of distilled water added. Useful to thin down a high % VG juice. You dont have to use this though, as long as your tank can cope with the high VG.

* I don't think my bottles of VG/PG/Nic were foil sealed. Should keep for 1-2 years (check websites for manufacturers guidelines). Keep Nic out of direct sunlight.

* Hiesenburg concentrate - just add to VG/PG mix at the right Nic %. Loads of calculators out there to help you work out the right amounts.

Tip - Start small (you don't want loads of stuff you don't like) & steep for 2+ weeks, shaking daily.

:goodluck:
Thanks! Yes, starting small is where I'm aiming and sticking with simple recipes :)

Best to keep everything you plan on storing long term in the dark if you can really. VG and PG are very stable, you won't have an issue with it going off. Both VG and PG are hygroscopic (absorb water) so you should store them in a dry place with the caps screwed on properly.

Nicotine is less stable than the above, so yes if you're planning on keeping it for a long time it should be in the freezer. I bought a litre last year, split it into 10x100mL and keep one in the cupboard for use and the rest in the freezer.

Yeah, pretty much. You might have to let it steep for a few days, but a flavour like that is probably good to go almost straight away. A word of advice though, get yourself some electronic scales (accurate to 0.01 g or better, have a look on Amazon, they're cheap) and mix by mass instead of volume. No washing up that way and it's much quicker.

For blending, start with recipe's published online. Don't buy loads of different concentrates you think sound amazing, because most of them won't be and you don't have the experience to know what works well with what - I made this mistake.

Thanks, that's useful to know:)
I've bought enough of what I consider to be rubbish juice in the past, so no intention of buying lots of concentrates - just go for what I now know will work.

I'll take a look at scales, hadn't really considered mixing by mass, from what I've read I thought most folk mixed by volume. Open minded about either method but I'll give it some thought!

Thanks, that's useful to know:)
I've bought enough of what I consider to be rubbish juice in the past, so no intention of buying lots of concentrates - just go for what I now know will work.

I'll take a look at scales, hadn't really considered mixing by mass, from what I've read I thought most folk mixed by volume. Open minded about either method but I'll give it some thought!
a lot of heissenberg fans rate the vapors-r-us concentrate heissenblag dirt cheap iirc...... do a search on here for feedback

Buy scales.

I started with syringes....need to buy some scales now

Thanks, that's a good tip, seems well liked and I'l give it a go:)...big saving on buying from V/Vapes too
I like the vru heisenblag I add a little apple and koolada to it lads in work love it, looks like this..
vru heisenblag 20%
tpa apple 3%
tpa koolada 2%
1 drop sweetener per 10 ml
just add your desired nic lvl and vg/pg.
doesn't really need a steep but I usually leave it 24hrs.

I like the vru heisenblag I add a little apple and koolada to it lads in work love it, looks like this..
vru heisenblag 20%
tpa apple 3%
tpa koolada 2%
1 drop sweetener per 10 ml
just add your desired nic lvl and vg/pg.
doesn't really need a steep but I usually leave it 24hrs.

Recipe noted, thank you!

TPA apple and koolada....TPA, what or who is that please?

Back
Top Bottom