What's new

Dotshell new user and help

Oh guys looks like I may be on to a bit of success here- so I have ditched the ss 316l wire and I have swapped it out for a coils by Scott fused Clapton 0.64 but it’s actually reading around 0.82- have wicked it up and I’m getting some better flavour now- I have noticed it seems to crackle and pop quite a bit, is this normal for most rebuildables? Wicking seems to be not too bad at the moment either, I’m gonna put a tank of juice through it and see how it goes, I’m still using the 1.5mm insert and maybe 2-3 air holes open, seems still a little on the airy side maybe but it’s definitely given me a bit of motivation back from all my failed attempts as you know yourself Mitch with the BP as well

Okay so does anybody know what my issue is now if I’m getting popping and cracking but not bad flavour? Is it maybe a touch too much wick?

So this is how it sounds when I’m taking a drag, it’s quite quiet on the video but pretty loud when I’m using it, does anyone know if this is just normal or is there something that I can do do minimise it

Attachments

• 71716277665__A8E2F05A-6662-4E8F-B398-980E1228D13F.MOV
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
Is the popping all through your hit or just when you first press the fire button, if it`s all through the hit I`ve found it`s usually when I use spaced coils or my wicking isn`t quite right (not enough juice getting to the coil), if it only pops when you you hit the fire button, have you selected a powerful initiation in your menu?
I prefer the crackling, it means my juice is atomising properly and I`m getting max flavour.

Is the popping all through your hit or just when you first press the fire button, if it`s all through the hit I`ve found it`s usually when I use spaced coils or my wicking isn`t quite right (not enough juice getting to the coil), if it only pops when you you hit the fire button, have you selected a powerful initiation in your menu?
I prefer the crackling, it means my juice is atomising properly and I`m getting max flavour.

hi there, yeah it’s mainly through the hit and seems to worsen as i up the wattage- it doesn’t crackle as soon as I press the button

More exotic coils like fused claptons can do this if the wicking is not spot on.....don't over prime the cotton and don't put eliquid on the coil...this should help.

hi there, yeah it’s mainly through the hit and seems to worsen as i up the wattage- it doesn’t crackle as soon as I press the button
I`m not familiar with your device but if that were one of my atties I would put a smidge less cotton through the coil, comb the wick tails and reduce the height of the coil so the juice doesn`t have as far to travel, after I`d reduced the spacing on the coil if required.

More exotic coils like fused claptons can do this if the wicking is not spot on.....don't over prime the cotton and don't put eliquid on the coil...this should help.

spot on thanks for this, yes I did prime it up like a standard coil in fairness so this is where I may be going wrong

This is a picture of my current wicking

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom