What's new

Help with DotMod AIO V2

W30RTY

Postman
Hi all, I'm looking for some help with the DotMod for MTL. I've just purchased the mod with a pack of the 0.7 coils and I can't say I'm that blown away so far, I've found that it's probably best with the airflow control ring the tiniest bit open. I'm just wondering if anyone else has a dotmod with a Mtl set up as l've heard great things about this device and I love the aesthetics. I would prefer not to go into the rebuildable realm I've never had much luck with it, I would prefer to have a stock coil set up. I wasn't sure if to bite the bullet and get a dotmod V1 tank shipped from the US so I have the ability to go down the nautilus coils route, and also I know about the TMD dot tank so if anybody has any reviews about that in a Mtl setup that would be great. Thanks in advance guys!

I should add too I’ve only tried with Boulevard Shattered 10mg nic salts, I’m not sure if it may be the juice has changed from what it was?

Not sure I can solve all your problems with the dotaio, but I’ve been using them for a while now, and with both stock coils and rebuildables ;)

The stock dotcoils used in the V2 are meh, at best. The V1 dotcoils are maybe a little better, but not much…

I use exclusively the V1 tanks with the 1.0ohms Nautilus coils. It really isn’t possible to get a truly tight mtl from them (like I prefer). I use them with the tank fully closed off. And if I want it a bit tighter, I put a piece of tape over the intake on the panel so there’s only airflow from bottom of the panels. Not ideal, but it’s handy when I can’t be arsed to carry around all my gear.

If you do decide to go for a rebuildable, we can help you find one you will like :2thumbsup:

Not sure I can solve all your problems with the dotaio, but I’ve been using them for a while now, and with both stock coils and rebuildables ;)

The stock dotcoils used in the V2 are meh, at best. The V1 dotcoils are maybe a little better, but not much…

I use exclusively the V1 tanks with the 1.0ohms Nautilus coils. It really isn’t possible to get a truly tight mtl from them (like I prefer). I use them with the tank fully closed off. And if I want it a bit tighter, I put a piece of tape over the intake on the panel so there’s only airflow from bottom of the panels. Not ideal, but it’s handy when I can’t be arsed to carry around all my gear.

If you do decide to go for a rebuildable, we can help you find one you will like :2thumbsup:

hi thanks for the reply, so I’ve bought the v1 tank now so I can use Nautilus coils, do they seem to be much more superior than the dotmod coils? And is the one you mentioned the best for nic salt Mtl?

It’s all subjective, my friend :D

For me personally, I find the 1.0ohms Nautilus coils superior to the Dotmod coils. However, I’ve never got on with the 0.7ohms Nautilus coils…go figure :18: Having tried both 10mg nic salts and my own 6mg 50:50 salts:freebase blend, I can say that they last as long or longer as any other coils and have reasonably good flavor :2thumbsup:

It’s all subjective, my friend :D

For me personally, I find the 1.0ohms Nautilus coils superior to the Dotmod coils. However, I’ve never got on with the 0.7ohms Nautilus coils…go figure :18: Having tried both 10mg nic salts and my own 6mg 50:50 salts:freebase blend, I can say that they last as long or longer as any other coils and have reasonably good flavor :2thumbsup:

thank you very much, I’ve heard from a good few people and YouTubers about how good this tank can be for nic salts, given most say the V1 is the better with the nautilus coils- I’ve heard the 0.4 is quite popular too for nic salts even though it is quite a low resistance. I’m basically looking for a Mtl coil that has really good flavour. I may look at rebuildable later down the line but I’ve already chucked quite a bit of £££ at it this week is it the 1.0 mesh coil you use by the way?

I also heard that the 0.3 dotmod coil on the low-medium setting with the airflow right down is an absolute flavour bomb for 50/50 nic salts and liquid- not sure if this was the old or new 0.3 dotmod- can anybody confirm this? I can imagine it might be quite harsh though

Yeah, I exclusively use the Nautilus 1.0ohms mesh coil these days when I have to use a stock coil :14:

There are a few others here as well, if I remember correctly @MHL also enjoys them ;)

Back
Top Bottom