What's new

Dvarw MTL CL Upgrade: Are We Underwhelmed?

Has anyone tried the peek insert on a clone? I believe it’s a separate purchase from KHW, and I’d like to try it before buying the authentic cl deck…:hmm:

The only time I’ve ever had a Dvarw leak was when I had it in my backpack. It apparently got jostled around so much that the wick moved away from the intake :11: The peek insert is meant to help the wick stay in place, I believe :22:

Has anyone tried the peek insert on a clone? I believe it’s a separate purchase from KHW, and I’d like to try it before buying the authentic cl deck…:hmm:

It's €7.80 + shipping so could add a fair bit to the cost of a clone from China, also it's possible it may not fit.

The only time I’ve ever had a Dvarw leak was when I had it in my backpack. It apparently got jostled around so much that the wick moved away from the intake :11: The peek insert is meant to help the wick stay in place, I believe :22:

#notaclone it defo makes for easier wicking and will keep the wick in place.

dpeek.jpg

i don’t support the wee plastic insert. don’t think i’ve ever had cotton move about by itself in a dvarw.

i don’t support the wee plastic insert. don’t think i’ve ever had cotton move about by itself in a dvarw.

I suspect a few people have, I see it more of a wicking aid, @ZT mentioned on another thread that he didn't get on with it, couldn't wick it, this wee peek jobby makes it a doddle :)

I suspect a few people have, I see it more of a wicking aid, @ZT mentioned on another thread that he didn't get on with it, couldn't wick it, this wee peek jobby makes it a doddle :)

aye, i suppose it might be useful if it makes it easier. a few folk seem to have struggled with it, i’ve always found it easier than most tanks. almost wicks itself no need for any arsing about.

but i’ve never had the cotton move out of place though. maybe if you are chucking it about it could happen, it does just sit there kind of wedged inn to it’s wee raised space.

I am tempted to give em another go ….

i always just hold the cotton above the metal collar, like rabbit ears, and chop it a wee baw hair above. it’s perfect every time but probably that method relies on the particular size of spaced coil i always put in it.

i wonder if a wider spaced coil is the reason i’ve never had problem of cotton moving too. as the stretch between the coil and the collar is much shorter.

i always just hold the cotton above the metal collar, like rabbit ears, and chop it a wee baw hair above. it’s perfect every time but probably that method relies on the particular size of spaced coil i always put in it.

i wonder if a wider spaced coil is the reason i’ve never had problem of cotton moving too. as the stretch between the coil and the collar is much shorter.

Same here - i wick fairly tight through a 2.5mm coil, do a bunny ears number, cut away about 1 or 2 mm above the peek section on the FL and just push the wick down - if the cotton seems a bit compressed near the wicking holes I just stick in pointy tweezers and spread it around a bit but with 50/50 juice it seems to wick fine even if I think I may have used too much cotton

I somehow managed to screw up the first wicking job I ever did on Dvarw FL but in retrospect I don't know how I managed it. I think I probably went OTT thinning the wick.

Back
Top Bottom