What's new

Dvarw MTL CL Upgrade: Are We Underwhelmed?

Same here - i wick fairly tight through a 2.5mm coil, do a bunny ears number, cut away about 1 or 2 mm above the peek section on the FL and just push the wick down - if the cotton seems a bit compressed near the wicking holes I just stick in pointy tweezers and spread it around a bit but with 50/50 juice it seems to wick fine even if I think I may have used too much cotton

I somehow managed to screw up the first wicking job I ever did on Dvarw FL but in retrospect I don't know how I managed it. I think I probably went OTT thinning the wick.
Ive been able to wick any atty ive ever had except the dwarv - its always been either a straw or a dry hit

I have a clone on the way, was planning to pick up a new dvarw anyway so went for the CL. I've always wanted to try a bell cap on the dvarw but hate the look of the insulator through the bell caps. Hoping the metal version on the CL might look nice enough for me to pick up a bell cap later.

Been using this for a bit now and I'm disappointed they removed the little ridges around the screws that hold the coil legs in place while you screw it down. Seems like a step backwards to me and makes it more awkward to build.

It's a shame because I do actually prefer the metal chamber piece to the FL version but the change in deck means I'll probably be sticking with FLs.

Been using this for a bit now and I'm disappointed they removed the little ridges around the screws that hold the coil legs in place while you screw it down. Seems like a step backwards to me and makes it more awkward to build.

It's a shame because I do actually prefer the metal chamber piece to the FL version but the change in deck means I'll probably be sticking with FLs.

Removing the tabs to catch the coil legs won't work for me either. Thanks for the warning, I'll be sticking with the FL.

being new to the dvarw never seen tabs, works fine, the only reason I can think of for removal is to accommodate the wee peek wick guide thingy

being new to the dvarw never seen tabs, works fine, the only reason I can think of for removal is to accommodate the wee peek wick guide thingy

aye, tabs are for jessies any way. i much prefer a naked screw :)

Having tried a clone of this unless you want more throat hit than the FL gives I'd go with underwhelmed.

Back
Top Bottom