What's new

E Juice Concentrates - Use By Dates

tiger

Initiate
Hi Vapers,

I bought some e-juice concentrates but have just noticed the dates on them are very short.
All are due to expire in less than one year, some in September this year.

I wish to return them as i am quite surprised that the dates are so short and i would not use all of them by the dates.

So my question is what dates should i expect to see on them as expiry??

My thought would be 2 years at least.

Please help, what dates or length of time to expiry have others had?

Thanks Vapers

I've seen very few flavourings with expiry dates on, but I would expect all of them to be good for a year, and I'd expect most would be used up in that time.

The issue is more the manufacturing date - if kept in the fridge, I would expect them to last at least 3 years from date of manufacture.

I just binned absolutely loads of flavors - 1 year old. I think that is the max.

Hi Vapers,

Thanks for the 2 replies, i read somewhere that the 'use by' dates would be 2 years for most flavours and upto 5 on some sweet flavours.
Must be wrong there, Oops. However still need to return the flavours as i bought way too much in any case.
I was going to buy more but of other flavours. I've really gone into this diy mixing of flavours and 2 out of 2 have come out well.

A few more replies to this thread would be nice, just a quick note to say 1 year max or if anyone has seen longer dates
please let me know. Say another 3 replies would be very kind of you.

Just a thought but i am thinking of making a mix of flavours of e juice, with a mix of PG / VG and varying strengths of flavours,
I like strong flavours and would like to quickly learn how i can make quality e juice so peoples opinions would be very helpful.
However i also need to make a trip away for a few weeks so maybe after this.

Thank you so much vapers.

The first flavour I grabbed at random out of the fridge said use within twelve months.
I do not treat this as relevant information.
I will continue to use my senses to decide if my concentrates are good to use.
Same as i do with my food.
I like to order enough of my favourite flavours to last two years.
i do store them in a tub in the fridge.
All my flavours are currently over one year old and the oldest are two and a half years.
I suspect most of us go by - If it looks ok, smells ok and vapes ok, we use it.

The first flavour I grabbed at random out of the fridge said use within twelve months.
I do not treat this as relevant information.
I will continue to use my senses to decide if my concentrates are good to use.
Same as i do with my food.
I like to order enough of my favourite flavours to last two years.
i do store them in a tub in the fridge.
All my flavours are currently over one year old and the oldest are two and a half years.
I suspect most of us go by - If it looks ok, smells ok and vapes ok, we use it.

Hi,

Thanks that is great info to go on, you are definitely right there.

I agree, I have used concentrates past their sell by date and if they look and smell ok I use them, if not then bin them! Everyone is different though, I would do the same with food stuffs, most of the time it really depends how they have been stored and the ingredients in them! I can see a similar topic pop up several times in around a years time regarding nicotine sell by dates...

I think most if not all (when advised on label) will be 12 months.
Now if they have been on the shelf for 3 months you are only going to get 9 months.
I agree with above though - dates are a guideline, not definitive about to blow up or be deadly at the stroke of midnight on that date.
Your nose & taste are better than a date IMO.

I would be surprised if someone would take flavours back off you though.
Let us know and who the supplier was, I would not knock them for not taking them back but would be very impressed if they did.

Back
Top Bottom