What's new

Element pink lemonade recipe?

I completely agree with you amc77. Needs to be sweeter, and the raspberry could be dialed back a bit. Cranberry is pleasant but doesn't overpower. Will post the updated tweak this afternoon when I make a 30 ml batch. Hoping not to run into any "big batch" issues. I really like this flavor. will also post recipe as made in 30 ml. as well.
This is only the second time I've ever made juice and I believe this to be the start of something really good.

Big batch issues??

Will it taste exactly the same @ 30, 60, 90 ml. sizes?
Just made a 30 ml. batch, getting ready to crockpot steep it. We'll know tonight. Will post my reciope as well.

Will it taste exactly the same @ 30, 60, 90 ml. sizes?
Just made a 30 ml. batch, getting ready to crockpot steep it. We'll know tonight. Will post my reciope as well.
If you use the same percentages then there is no reason for any recipe to change?

Yea Blue, you would think. Ok, here is the reipe I have for a 30 ml. bottle. I made 2 bottles. One is in a nice quiet dark corner of my bathroom, the other, the one I'm reviewing now has been steeped in a crockpot, 3 hours @ 140 degrees. One vigourous shake @ an hour and a half, the other at the end of the 3 hours. Shaken again and allowed to breathe, cap off for 3 hours. The FLAVOR is there IMO, however the sweet decadence is not. Don't get me wrong, its VERY good, and after dinner, It's going into my Crown tank and see where we are on taste right now, It's @ 45 watts on a Sigeliei 75 watt mini with a Mako RDA, 8-9 wrap center post, dual coil sleeeper build @ .64 ohms. The tangerine punch is definitely there, I feel like the lemon needs to come forward a little more. I have been comparing tastes of my home brew against the real thing this evening and I think lemon needs more kick.
Here's my 30 ml. recipe
Blue Raspberry (O.O.O) .7
Sweetener (TFA) .3
Cranberry (CAP) 1.2
Lemon Sicily (FA) .6
Lemonade (Natural) (FW) 1.0
Lime (INA) .2
Sweet Tangerine (CAP) 2.0
Flavoring 6 ml. base 24 ml.

Ok, after putting this in my Crown sub-ohm tank, I can say it's GOOD, however I'm not one to let good become the enemy of great. Feel like the lime and cranberry are the background flavors to bring the lemon and tangerine forward. Tangerine seems to be right, may need bring the lemons up a little. Overall, really not bad. raspberry seems to be ok.

OK guys, I think I'm on to something ... it needs a little bit of tweaking, but I think I'm getting closer with this recipe...
  • Blue Raspberry Candy (One On One) 4.00%
  • Cranberry (Capella) 0.50%
  • Lemonade (Flavorah) 3.50%
  • Super Sweet Concentrate (Capella) 1.50%
  • Sweet Tangerine (Capella) 3.00%
  • Lemon Sherbet (Kandi Hed) 3.00%
  • Marshmallow (FlavourArt) 1.50%
I made this to the following specification...
  • Nicotine Strength 3.00 mg
  • PG Level 20.00%
  • VG Level 80.00%
At first it wasn't even close, but after about 9 or 10 days it really came into the vicinity of the Element Pink Lemonade. I think it still needs a little tweak here and there so if you have any suggestions, they will be more than welcome.

Also, thanks to @japhia42 for making me get some of the Blue Raspberry Candy (OoO) - I think this is the breakthrough flavour ;)

Peace out :)

Great @cleario ... let me know how you get on with it ... this has become a bit of an obsession for me and I need it to end lol. I feel the recipe I posted above may be too muted by the marshmallow or a little too sweet, or both, so I think my next move is to take the marshmallow and sweetener down a little bit.... if that doesn't have the right effect, maybe increase the lemonade, lemon sherbet, tangerine and raspberry slightly.

A friend recently suggested that the original Element juice was a little grapefruity. I know they make a pink grapefruit (which is equal parts pink lemonade and fresh squeeze mixed together) .... perhaps the original pink lemonade has a small amount of ecto cooler - What do you think??

@FurryWhiskers. Totally agree with the not enough "lemon". I'm waiting on my order of D.V. Lemon Sherbet to arrive. I actually upped the Sweetener to Ethyl Maltol. AND I've had a bottle of the actual juice to do a side by side comparison with all week. Completely by accident I discovered something I taste in this juice. I hadn't vaped anything in well over an hour, nothing to eat or drink for that matter and I just happened to pick up my rig and took a nice long hit, followed by a slow exhale. I was tasting what I THINK is a slight menthol, possibly a Koolada like kick. Could explain the sweet/grapefruit/lemon. Also, not QUITE sure the blue raspberry is the right raspberry. Also have some Capella raspberry coming. Everything in this forthcoming recipe has been turned down, EXCEPT the lemons. Lemme know what you think. Its also become an obsession. This recipe is for 10 ml.
Blue Raspberry (o.o.o) .1 ml
Ethyl Maltol 7 drops per 10 ml.
Cranberry (Cap) .1 ml
Lemon Sicily (FA) .5 ml
Lemonade (natural) (F.W.) .5 ml.
Lime (INA) 2 drops per 10 ml.
Sweet Tangerine (Cap) .1 ml

And after tasting this sample batch @ 24 hours steep time... I can say the lemon is better and not a lot of background flavors competing to come forward, like the raspberry. Also convinced there's some sort of a VERY slight menthol kick. I've read all the posts on this thread where it talks about adding champagne for that "fizz". The next batch I post will have Koolada and Red Raspberry in it. Going to let the rest of this test batch steep in the closet for the rest of the week just to see where the lemon is.

Back
Top Bottom