What's new

Element pink lemonade recipe?

And to answer your earlier post concerning the use of cactus @ furrywhiskers, no I haven't used it, BUT I am researching it to see if it could be of any benefit to the feel of the juice. Mixed up yet 2 more batches this afternoon, both 10 ml. and all the fruits are @ .4 ml. in the first batch and the second batch, the lemons are @ .4 ml with the raspberry @ .5 ml. Also working on a rainbow sherbet with the tangerine, lemon sherbet and raspberry.

Got my supplies today so I should be free tomorrow, work permitting? And I will mix up some of the variations mentioned.
Just hoping I don't stray too far from where I am with the original chewy recipe as I enjoy that one?

I just learned a hard lesson. using WAY to much Ethyl Maltol. Everything I've steeped now tastes like straight cotton candy bubble gum. Hadto back off to one drop per 10 ml. Ugh.

I just learned a hard lesson. using WAY to much Ethyl Maltol. Everything I've steeped now tastes like straight cotton candy bubble gum. Hadto back off to one drop per 10 ml. Ugh.
I try and keep away from EM as much as I can, unless it really needs it!
EM has a habit of muting flavours, hence why I stay away.

Have learned a few hard lessons this past week. To add or not to add. ALL my attempts at the Element clone just taste like lemon after steeping. One and only one recipe I have made up tastes anything near the original is posted previously and that's after a shake and vape. After a few days steep, everything is vague and tastes like lemon. Have just put in an order from nicotineriver.com. They're flavorings are around 6.50 american for 60 ml bottles. Flavorah, FlavourArt, The Flavor Apprentice and you can get a liter of vg, or a premixed blend for 11.80 american. I've gunked up coils, burned out cotton in less than 12 hours by "adding" crap that later on down the line isn't going to do a damn bit of good to start with. I just don't get how the stuff you buy at a shop has a sweeter, fuller bodied taste and feel than DIY. I am in the process of investing in a lab quality self contained vortex mixer on Ebay. Seems the ol" shaking by hand is OK, mixing and blending is better. Until my mixer comes in, I've taken a blunt syringe, turned it around so the "lock" is the stirrer and put it into my Dremel tool. At 10,000 rpm's on high, there is a discernible difference to me. @FurryWhiskers, I've added Lorann's Tart and Sour to my recipes and it LOVES to eat coils and cotton. I've stopped adding ANY kind of anything to my recioes, tired of everything tasting like lemon cooton candy bubble gum! I've made up 2 new recipes I'll post tomorrow, one is with all the leftover tangerine I've got, actually not bad, hoping it'll sweeten after a good steeep.

@japhia42 That looks like a great site for cheap concentrates - as long as the shipping cost isn't prohibitive - do you know how much it costs to the UK? I was just about to mix up your previously recommended recipe as I just received the last ingredient I was lacking, but after your last post I think I'll hang on ... have you had any luck since?

It's GREAT as a shake and vape, VERY close to the real thing to me. If you mix it 10 ml's at a time and run through it, yea. 30 ml? overnight? pffft, tastes like lemons. It's obvious lemon and raspberry don't mix that well, or I neeed a 2-3 steep on it to see where it is. I bought 120 ml of the real stuff Saturday, comes in a real 120 ml beaker too, runnig it through my Uwell Crown. Buddy of mine at work is running it through his Aromamizer Supreme and both agree. There is a throat hit of something! Not sure what it is. I DO know I taste lemon, subtle and strong. Don't know as I taste anything "red" in it at all, i.e. raspberry or strawberry, just a very pleasant lemonade. So, back to the drawing board. I have FW natural lemonade, DV lemon sherbet, and FA lemon sicily. I'm going to make up 3-10 ml samples of each this weekend. One, no sweetener, just flavorings, two, TFA sweetener I have on hand and three, sweetened with liquid Stevia from a health food store down the street. The real Element lemonade reminds ME of the lemon drops you could get at the pharmacy as a kid, ones that look a lot like American footballs and have a sugary coating over them. Still others say it reminds them of the old Country Time lemonade drink mix I used to drink as a kid in the summer. Keep at it man, and I will too.

Cool. I will keep at it bud ... we'll get there in the end (hopefully lol).

I've stumbled across something with potential - it's a lemonade flavour that is the closest one I have tried to date ... it's by LorAnn so it's not very easy to get hold of in the UK, and mostly only available in a dram (a poxy 3.7ml!) but it is available on Amazon for around £13 (incl delivery) for 30ml

Regarding red fruits - I've found that low percentages of TFA Raspberry Sweet and TFA Strawberry Ripe have given me a good subtle flavour similar to Element's version. When I say low percentages, I mean like 2% raspberry and 1% strawberry ripe (which I think gives the raspberry something extra) ... next I'm going to try the LorAnn lemonade with those two PLUS some lemon sherbet and see how that goes - might need some sweeteneer too though if I'm going to achieve the sweetness that's in Element's original.

Does anyone know if element bottle their own liquids or whether it's done by machine in a factory?

Back
Top Bottom