What's new

Free parcels in the post

I rarely ever get any freebies in the post..but this year, have had a couple of duplicate vinyl record orders sent to me, not ordered or paid for, nor asked for back...so that was nice....one of those packages was worth over £100...and since they're now sold out limited editions pieces too, they'll gain in value in time.....so yeh.....that was nice surprise! :D

It's their mistake, and since i ordered these (the first lots) from abroad, i ain't paying the shipping costs to send 'em back!

Two days in a row!
This time I've got a pack of pencils....
IMG_20181128_163526_158.jpeg

I received a plastic short sleeved shirt and a plastic 'sports watch', both from out of the blue and no sender's info either. I was toying with the idea of using the watch and then thought about novichock so binned it.

I got a decent pair of wireless Headphones yesterday from Amazon !!! That's one Christmas gift for one of my Granddaughter's ticked off the list !!! :2thumbsup:

Two seperate packages,two silly badges.
One of a Dolphin.One that makes your eyes go funny,when you look at it. :(

I've had a few more bits from 'amazon returns' ... more junky earbuds, some foot masks (like facemasks but for your feet) and some foot and neck warmer things ... it's all trash. It's getting pretty annoying to be honest, is it really cheaper for them to send it to me than dispose of it themselves?

Interesting! I haven't read all the thread but this is my story:

I received my first 'freebie' from amazon about 3 months ago. It was a little girls headband with a Unicorn Horn on it. Retail price was about £8. I gave it to a friend who has a little girl and thought nothing more about it. I did check to make sure that my account was not hacked and I had paid for it, but I had not.

I then received a combination face care pack. Part of it was a dermal abrasion kit of some sort that involved needles and I was quite grossed out as I have a needle phobia! I checked amazon again and nothing had come out of my account.

The following day, I received a pair of 'driving glasses' - the kind with the yellow tinted lenses. Retail price was around £25. At this point I decided to phone Amazon and ask 'WTF?'. Customer services were very nice but very far away (Indian call center I think!) and they couldn't tell me anything except for what I already knew - I had not ordered them and I had not paid for them. I asked if I could keep them and and was put on hold whilst they fetched a supervisor. The supervisor was rather rude and asked me what the problem was. I repeated my story and was basically laughed at - like, you're gettign free stuff - where's the problem???! I asked who had sent these items but was told that due to the data protection act, they couldn't tell me. . . but I picked up that there WAS a 'someone'

I mulled it over until a few days later when another kiddies headband arrived and I phoned amazon again. I repeated my story again and asked if there was anything that they could tell me. The woman I spoke to asked me if I had ever been to China. I said no. I was then told that someone had opened an account in my name and with my address, using my mobile phone number. . . in China!! The items had been paid for with a credit card that was in my name and that was as far as I got before I was handed over to someone else who sheepishly told me that I shouldn't have been told that and that there was nothing to worry about.

I tend to worry about shit, so I phoned the 'Action Fraud' phone line and spoke to the Police. I spoke to a really nice guy who told me that he had never heard of anything like this before and took a statement from me over the phone and advised me to get it in writing from Amazon that I could keep the stuff and he then gave me a crime number. My only concern was that these 'gifts' were the opening actions of someone who was working up to Identity Theft and the Police officer agreed that could be a possibility. . . . but he couldn't see what this was gettign the person, aside from maybe establishing a credit card history of use. After talking to him and remembering that I had been told that whoever was responsible for these 'gifts' had used my mobile phone number in order to open an account, I changed the number that I had been using for 10+ years and thought that was the end of it. nothing else arrived for nearly 2 months and then another kiddies headband turned up - this time with Antlers on it!

I am totally lost as to WTF is going on but I'm glad that I am not alone and I can see the funny side too!

Back
Top Bottom