What's new

FreeMax Maxus 50 Watt kit

BigCloud

Veteran
Tina @Freemaxtech sent this over for a review

The Maxus 50 comes in the same usual style packaging from @Freemaxtech comprising of removeable slide off sleeve with a picture of your chosen device on the front, specs and contents on the rear, with a scratch and scan authenticatation on the side, and is housed in a sturdy easy to access box.
IMG_20201215_040641.jpg
IMG_20201215_041211.jpg

In the box you get the FreeMax Maxus 50 watt box mod a fireluke 22 resin edition tank with the 0.25 ohm coil pre installed and an extra 0.5 ohm mesh coil, a USB 3 Type-C charging cable some spare O-rings, and the user manual etc.

Specs

Maxus 50w Box Mod

Output Voltage: 0.5-8V
Output Wattage: 5-50W/100--315℃/200--600℉
Output Mode: Power/VPC/TC-TI/TC-SS/TC-NI/TCR
Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
Battery Capacity: 2000mAh
Charger Specification: 5V/2A
Multiple inbuilt protections, short circuit, overtime, overcharge, overdischarge, high temperature and low power.

Fireluke 22 Tank

Size L51 x 41 x D23 mm
Capacity 3.5ml
Material SS904L/Tea Fiber Cotton/Resin
Working Wattage: 8-50W
Thread 510
Drip Tip 510

Like the Maxus 100 and 200 FreeMax have kept the 2 tone effect so the Maxus range all have the same appearence which will not be to everyones liking.

The kit is available in 6 different colour tones but slighty different variations, red/orange, black/blue, yellow/green, orange/yellow, green/black and the blue/red which is the one i was sent out.
maxus-50w-colours-696x336.jpg

As this is the baby brother of the FreeMax Maxus 200 and 100 it is quite a bit smaller, but fits in the hand nicely and this time round it houses a 2000 mah in built battery making it nice and compact but with a nice bit of weight to it as again constructed from Zinc-Alloy, with the MAXUS 50 logo displayed on the black side panel.

Outfitted with the FM MAXUS-Chip 1.0 it has a nice easy to read brightish OLED screen making it simple to read the display which consits of remaining battery power wattage puff counter ohms and voltage.The buttons are nice clicky and responsive with the USB-C port again just under the wattage down button but again no silicone protection bung, on the base you have your battery vent holes 7 in total, to fully recharge the mod from empty to full takes around 70 mins.

Powering the mod on is the usual 5 clicks on/off , and has a wattage range of 5 - 50 watts going up in 1 watt increments, of to access the menu and options its exactly the same as the 100 and 200 watt versions 3 clicks on the fire button will take you into the menu use the +/- to scroll into the options available, its a really simple to navigate around, this time around FreeMax have taken out bypass mode

Modes

Power (Watts)
VPC (power Curve)
TC/TI (Temp control Titanium)
TC/SS (Temp control Stainless Steel)
TC/NI (Temp control Nickel)
TCR 1/2/3 (+/- to set)

Set

Screen timeout (5-15 seconds)
Coil test (turn coil test on or off)
Puff Counter (can be reset)
Time
*C/*F
Reset (factory reset)

Info

Battery (Displays volts)
Version (of device)
Temp (of Device)

Like its big brothers to lock the device press both the +/- simultaneously for 1 second and it will flash up on the screen key locked but will NOT show a padlock to remind you its locked, when you unlock it will flash up key unlocked.

Fireluke 22 Tank
FreeMax included 2 driptips one for mtl and dtl for review purposes but only the DTL driptip will come when you purchase the kit.
m50 mtl.jpg

m50 rdl.jpg

The filling mechanism is the same as other FreeMax tanks but it features a safety mechanism where you have to lift the top section up slightly before you can slide the top back to reveal the kidney fill port which is a nice size and was easy to fill, once filled and closed there is no chance of this opening up in your pocket.

The coils are push fit into the tank, once you have inserted the coil you need to screw on the AFC ring base, then you can attach the tank to the Mod, FreeMax have also incorporated a leak proof mechanisim into the tank aswell meaning you can change the coil with eliquid still in the tank once you pull the coil out the housing snaps down over the eliquid feeding holes resulting in a mess free coil change.

Airflow turned all the way Left is for dtl , turn it to the right and there is 5 single airflow holes for mtl (not sure on hole sizes) as i have been using 20mg nic salts ive had it on the last 2 holes most of the time and the draw is nice and tight with no leaks from the coils superb for MTL

FreeMax provided all 4 coils for review purpose but the 1.5 ohm coil was missing the base contact so i couldnt test this one.
IMG_20201215_041336.jpg
maxus-50W-coils-696x248.jpg

The 1 ohm coil is rated at between 10 - 15 watts with best wattage at 12.5 but as the device goes up in 1 watt increments you have a choice of either 12 or 13 watts i used some dinner lady lemon tart 20 mg nic salts and found it best at 12 watts with 2 airflow holes open the flavour was superb with no noise at from the airflow and the battery lasted me around 2 days on this setting

The 0.5ohm coil is rated for 15 to 30 watts again started this one off on a low setting and gradually increased the wattage It needed at least 18 watts with three holes on the airflow to start producing good flavour once you get the wattage up to 25 and open the airflow all the way WOW there is a ton of flavour and a nice restricted direct lung vape with a slight whistle from the airflow.

The 0.25 ohm coil is rated at 30 -50 watts i started off low at around 25 watts to get the coil broken in and increased gradually i found at 30 watts it produced good flavour with airflow about a quarter open increasing the wattage to 37 watts and opening the airflow up more to about half way gave tons more flavour and where i stuck at, trying this at higher wattages 40 watts plus resulted in borderline dry hits, i would reccomend staying within the 30 -40 range and dialing in your prefered airflow its a superb restricted direct lung vape, the only downside of running the bigger coils is the battery life suffers i was charging once maybe twice a day so i will stick to the mtl coils on this device as it is in my eyes a great tank for mtl.

Pros

Solid build quality
Good battery life (MTL)
USB Type-C
Excellent flavour
Coil compatability
Great flavour
Safety fill mechanism
Coil change with liquid still in tank

Cons/Niggles

Not everyone will like the design
No display on screen to remind you device is locked.
No silicone bung for USB Port

Once again thanks to Tina @Freemaxtech for sending this over

Great review mate. I love the Fireluke22 for MTL, shame they aren't including the MTL drip tip in the kit though.

Great review mate. I love the Fireluke22 for MTL, shame they aren't including the MTL drip tip in the kit though.

cheers bud its a cracking little kit and tank reckon they should include it as i personally feel its more of an MTL kit any 510 tip will fit though ;)

cheers bud its a cracking little kit and tank reckon they should include it as i personally feel its more of an MTL kit any 510 tip will fit though ;)
Just seems an odd decision not to include both! Plus I really like that MTL drip tip!

Nice review Cloud. It's a shame your 1.5 coil didn't work as I think that's the best one! Really good tank though, I've bought myself another.

Nice review Cloud. It's a shame your 1.5 coil didn't work as I think that's the best one! Really good tank though, I've bought myself another.

Bloody good tank mate will pick up a pk or 2 of the 1.5 gotta admit its a great coil

Great review BC. Not keen on the look of the mod but I have the tank, and I agree that it's superb for MTL.

Tina @Freemaxtech sent this over for a review

The Maxus 50 comes in the same usual style packaging from @Freemaxtech comprising of removeable slide off sleeve with a picture of your chosen device on the front, specs and contents on the rear, with a scratch and scan authenticatation on the side, and is housed in a sturdy easy to access box.
View attachment 234516 View attachment 234517

In the box you get the FreeMax Maxus 50 watt box mod a fireluke 22 resin edition tank with the 0.25 ohm coil pre installed and an extra 0.5 ohm mesh coil, a USB 3 Type-C charging cable some spare O-rings, and the user manual etc.

Specs

Maxus 50w Box Mod

Output Voltage: 0.5-8V
Output Wattage: 5-50W/100--315℃/200--600℉
Output Mode: Power/VPC/TC-TI/TC-SS/TC-NI/TCR
Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
Battery Capacity: 2000mAh
Charger Specification: 5V/2A
Multiple inbuilt protections, short circuit, overtime, overcharge, overdischarge, high temperature and low power.

Fireluke 22 Tank

Size L51 x 41 x D23 mm
Capacity 3.5ml
Material SS904L/Tea Fiber Cotton/Resin
Working Wattage: 8-50W
Thread 510
Drip Tip 510

Like the Maxus 100 and 200 FreeMax have kept the 2 tone effect so the Maxus range all have the same appearence which will not be to everyones liking.

The kit is available in 6 different colour tones but slighty different variations, red/orange, black/blue, yellow/green, orange/yellow, green/black and the blue/red which is the one i was sent out.
View attachment 234515

As this is the baby brother of the FreeMax Maxus 200 and 100 it is quite a bit smaller, but fits in the hand nicely and this time round it houses a 2000 mah in built battery making it nice and compact but with a nice bit of weight to it as again constructed from Zinc-Alloy, with the MAXUS 50 logo displayed on the black side panel.

Outfitted with the FM MAXUS-Chip 1.0 it has a nice easy to read brightish OLED screen making it simple to read the display which consits of remaining battery power wattage puff counter ohms and voltage.The buttons are nice clicky and responsive with the USB-C port again just under the wattage down button but again no silicone protection bung, on the base you have your battery vent holes 7 in total, to fully recharge the mod from empty to full takes around 70 mins.

Powering the mod on is the usual 5 clicks on/off , and has a wattage range of 5 - 50 watts going up in 1 watt increments, of to access the menu and options its exactly the same as the 100 and 200 watt versions 3 clicks on the fire button will take you into the menu use the +/- to scroll into the options available, its a really simple to navigate around, this time around FreeMax have taken out bypass mode

Modes

Power (Watts)
VPC (power Curve)
TC/TI (Temp control Titanium)
TC/SS (Temp control Stainless Steel)
TC/NI (Temp control Nickel)
TCR 1/2/3 (+/- to set)

Set

Screen timeout (5-15 seconds)
Coil test (turn coil test on or off)
Puff Counter (can be reset)
Time
*C/*F
Reset (factory reset)

Info

Battery (Displays volts)
Version (of device)
Temp (of Device)

Like its big brothers to lock the device press both the +/- simultaneously for 1 second and it will flash up on the screen key locked but will NOT show a padlock to remind you its locked, when you unlock it will flash up key unlocked.

Fireluke 22 Tank
FreeMax included 2 driptips one for mtl and dtl for review purposes but only the DTL driptip will come when you purchase the kit.
View attachment 234518
View attachment 234519
The filling mechanism is the same as other FreeMax tanks but it features a safety mechanism where you have to lift the top section up slightly before you can slide the top back to reveal the kidney fill port which is a nice size and was easy to fill, once filled and closed there is no chance of this opening up in your pocket.

The coils are push fit into the tank, once you have inserted the coil you need to screw on the AFC ring base, then you can attach the tank to the Mod, FreeMax have also incorporated a leak proof mechanisim into the tank aswell meaning you can change the coil with eliquid still in the tank once you pull the coil out the housing snaps down over the eliquid feeding holes resulting in a mess free coil change.

Airflow turned all the way Left is for dtl , turn it to the right and there is 5 single airflow holes for mtl (not sure on hole sizes) as i have been using 20mg nic salts ive had it on the last 2 holes most of the time and the draw is nice and tight with no leaks from the coils superb for MTL

FreeMax provided all 4 coils for review purpose but the 1.5 ohm coil was missing the base contact so i couldnt test this one.
View attachment 234520 View attachment 234521

The 1 ohm coil is rated at between 10 - 15 watts with best wattage at 12.5 but as the device goes up in 1 watt increments you have a choice of either 12 or 13 watts i used some dinner lady lemon tart 20 mg nic salts and found it best at 12 watts with 2 airflow holes open the flavour was superb with no noise at from the airflow and the battery lasted me around 2 days on this setting

The 0.5ohm coil is rated for 15 to 30 watts again started this one off on a low setting and gradually increased the wattage It needed at least 18 watts with three holes on the airflow to start producing good flavour once you get the wattage up to 25 and open the airflow all the way WOW there is a ton of flavour and a nice restricted direct lung vape with a slight whistle from the airflow.

The 0.25 ohm coil is rated at 30 -50 watts i started off low at around 25 watts to get the coil broken in and increased gradually i found at 30 watts it produced good flavour with airflow about a quarter open increasing the wattage to 37 watts and opening the airflow up more to about half way gave tons more flavour and where i stuck at, trying this at higher wattages 40 watts plus resulted in borderline dry hits, i would reccomend staying within the 30 -40 range and dialing in your prefered airflow its a superb restricted direct lung vape, the only downside of running the bigger coils is the battery life suffers i was charging once maybe twice a day so i will stick to the mtl coils on this device as it is in my eyes a great tank for mtl.

Pros

Solid build quality
Good battery life (MTL)
USB Type-C
Excellent flavour
Coil compatability
Great flavour
Safety fill mechanism
Coil change with liquid still in tank

Cons/Niggles

Not everyone will like the design
No display on screen to remind you device is locked.
No silicone bung for USB Port

Once again thanks to Tina @Freemaxtech for sending this over
Great review mate. I've been using this kit for a week or so and love it. The mod is really well built and designed. The tank is brilliant, I love it. Have tried all 4 coils and have to say the flavour is spot on. Really like the features on the tank.
I think it's a cracking bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom