What's new

General question about my vape

The answer should be in your questions, but Greg siad it's started only in the lest few days, and also he said he didn't change anything in his setup. I can't understand what's the problem.
Greg shouldn't have to change the wick daily as he has always done, yet alone twice daily.
That's why I'm asking if it's firing correctly.
The only other thing to do is as @nwhornet said, strip the tank down and give it a good clean and check.

Definitely do as @nwhornet says and fully disassemble/clean/new coil/rewick and see how it goes. What version of Cotton Bacon are you using? (original, v2, or Prime?) I had similar issues to you with a couple of packets of Prime, first packet I ever bought was superb, bought another two packets at the same time and was having to rewick every day and a half on my Nudge 22mm - wick was clean and soaking wet at the tails but wouldn't wick to the coil properly; Mrs had no issues in her tank. I moved back to CB v2 and it's much better however I've recently been testing Fibre Freaks 1 & 2 after a kind fella on here gave me some to try, and I'm going to move to that as I'm getting better results tbh.
Either there's some snide CB going around or it's changed as I've been using it for years and it's not what it used to be IMO - as I said, fine in the Mrs tanks and she can run it until you need to chip the crap off her coil, probably as it's being constantly fed liquid, but in a dripper/squonk that's going through wet/dry-ish/wet cycles then it seems to give up quickly. I only persevered as I'm loathe to waste anything and have plenty time on my hands, twice a day is a joke, every other day was annoying me!

Definitely do as @nwhornet says and fully disassemble/clean/new coil/rewick and see how it goes. What version of Cotton Bacon are you using? (original, v2, or Prime?) I had similar issues to you with a couple of packets of Prime, first packet I ever bought was superb, bought another two packets at the same time and was having to rewick every day and a half on my Nudge 22mm - wick was clean and soaking wet at the tails but wouldn't wick to the coil properly; Mrs had no issues in her tank. I moved back to CB v2 and it's much better however I've recently been testing Fibre Freaks 1 & 2 after a kind fella on here gave me some to try, and I'm going to move to that as I'm getting better results tbh.
Either there's some snide CB going around or it's changed as I've been using it for years and it's not what it used to be IMO - as I said, fine in the Mrs tanks and she can run it until you need to chip the crap off her coil, probably as it's being constantly fed liquid, but in a dripper/squonk that's going through wet/dry-ish/wet cycles then it seems to give up quickly. I only persevered as I'm loathe to waste anything and have plenty time on my hands, twice a day is a joke, every other day was annoying me!
Interesting to read about the problems you've had with CB. Hopefully this is what's causing Gregs issue.

That's what I would expect. That sounds normal. I only change my wick when it's all gummed up with juice which only happens are several days, sometimes weeks.
You shouldn't need to change it until it black.
Last question. If you fire the mod, does it heat the juice and wick and produce vapour.?
Yep

Cotton bacon V2 i purchased 4 packs at once from ebay,and funny enough,the first packet was fine,still was wicking once a day,but lasted a whole day,but since iv started on the second packet a couple of weeks ago,the cotton feels different,kind of ,different,not so easy to pull off a strip,not so easy to peal of a strip,i did feel its not as the pack was ,,and i can vape away for a few hrs,then find i have to drip after 2 or 3 puffs and even when i do that,before i do it,the tails are very wet and it seems loke its not wicking well but its very wet,can u get a faulty pack of wick

Cotton bacon V2 i purchased 4 packs at once from ebay,and funny enough,the first packet was fine,still was wicking once a day,but lasted a whole day,but since iv started on the second packet a couple of weeks ago,the cotton feels different,kind of ,different,not so easy to pull off a strip,not so easy to peal of a strip,i did feel its not as the pack was ,,and i can vape away for a few hrs,then find i have to drip after 2 or 3 puffs and even when i do that,before i do it,the tails are very wet and it seems loke its not wicking well but its very wet,can u get a faulty pack of wick
Sounds like it is the cotton. I guess the proof in the pudding would be to try another type of wick and see how you get on with that.

Cotton bacon is awful stuff, it tastes foul. I’m amazed anybody pays the ridiculous markup for it. My Muji bag lasts and lasts and lasts for a fraction of the cost and no chemical flavour.

It was Prime I had the issue with but sounds similar to what you're having - I rarely ever buy vape stuff from Ebay but did for the Prime! However I've not read anywhere about there being fake/snide CB before? And each of the three different types does have a different feel in the fingers too - definitely have a strip down/clean/rebuild as I did see some improvements doing that, and when you rewick and you pull enough for a wick, tease it all out as if you were doing a 'Scottish roll' style wick and roll it back in to shape and wick.

I was sent some of this, both 1 & 2 and having really good results with it - bit of a learning curve to begin with over CB as to how much to use, but zero break in time and great, clean flavour - bit crackly to begin with until it swells slightly then it's a smooth experience and lasts ages before needing Rewicked. Really cheap here too https://www.cremedevape.com/epages/...ctPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/DIY-FIBER

Cotton bacon is awful stuff, it tastes foul. I’m amazed anybody pays the ridiculous markup for it. My Muji bag lasts and lasts and lasts for a fraction of the cost and no chemical flavour.
Where can i buy that from,and what the full name please

Back
Top Bottom