What's new

General question about my vape

Cotton bacon is awful stuff, it tastes foul. I’m amazed anybody pays the ridiculous markup for it. My Muji bag lasts and lasts and lasts for a fraction of the cost and no chemical flavour.
I think if you're susceptible to being able to taste cotton then it's absolutely rank, I can't taste it, although I could taste the v1 until it broke in - had a good conversation with @Mitz about this the other week as he can taste CB and hates it too, and he sent me some Fibre Freaks and it really is good stuff, I'll be changing to that from now on as I'm getting cleaner flavour from it.

I think if you're susceptible to being able to taste cotton then it's absolutely rank, I can't taste it, although I could taste the v1 until it broke in - had a good conversation with @Mitz about this the other week as he can taste CB and hates it too, and he sent me some Fibre Freaks and it really is good stuff, I'll be changing to that from now on as I'm getting cleaner flavour from it.

Yeah, I'm definitely someone who can taste cotton and CB v2 is one of the very worst for me. But unlike most people I don't like muji.

I've now tried several versions of FF and only the Cotton Blend pads do it for me. Best cotton I've ever tried and I've tried a lot. It's the only cotton I would give 10 out of 10 and it only gets that top mark because it's available in two different densities - 01 and 02. Both have their place and I now use it exclusively and have no desire to use anything else. My search for the perfect cotton is over.

Last edited:
Cotton bacon is awful stuff, it tastes foul. I’m amazed anybody pays the ridiculous markup for it. My Muji bag lasts and lasts and lasts for a fraction of the cost and no chemical flavour.
I've not used CB as I've only used Muji and always found it just fine.

It was Prime I had the issue with but sounds similar to what you're having - I rarely ever buy vape stuff from Ebay but did for the Prime! However I've not read anywhere about there being fake/snide CB before? And each of the three different types does have a different feel in the fingers too - definitely have a strip down/clean/rebuild as I did see some improvements doing that, and when you rewick and you pull enough for a wick, tease it all out as if you were doing a 'Scottish roll' style wick and roll it back in to shape and wick.

I was sent some of this, both 1 & 2 and having really good results with it - bit of a learning curve to begin with over CB as to how much to use, but zero break in time and great, clean flavour - bit crackly to begin with until it swells slightly then it's a smooth experience and lasts ages before needing Rewicked. Really cheap here too https://www.cremedevape.com/epages/...ctPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/DIY-FIBER
Gone are the days that I thought wick was wick, I knew and used Cotton, Ekowool, Silica and Hemp and settled on Muji cotton but seems to be a lot more options out there now.

@gregcool you should get a bag of organic labo puff cotton, 200 pads for less than a fiver from amazon. it works fine and will last you a few years. Similar to muji, but I think it might be cheaper. You shouldn’t worry too much about cotton.

^^^ Sorry, I disagree with that comment 100% :P

Your cotton is just as important as any other part of your vape setup. If you're not bothered by what cotton you use then why be bothered by what coils you use or what juice you choose.

Use shite cotton and you'll get a shite vape. There's enormous variation between cottons. Taste, wicking ability, ease of use. All very relevant to getting a quality vape that satisfies you.

Last edited:
Where can i buy that from,and what the full name please
you just type Muji or organic Japancotton in google and you will find a lot e.g. you can purchase from Amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B00WQ13DLYI tried Muji, CB v2 Kendo Fiber Freak... I still can't decide which one was the best all has some good result. At the moment I'm using Kendo Bit difficult to work with compare with CB or Muji, but I always could feel a bit after taste from Muji, and CB didn't last for long. They are just my opinion.

I pick up that funny taste from CB v2 (which for me was worse when the cotton was at it's freshest, ie. brand new), it's only initially and soon disappears after vaping a little while, but there's definitely some weird taste whilst it beds in. Some people claim to get funny tastes off muji, but i don't pick up anything weird when using Muji. Performance for me is hit and miss, usually muji works great and consistently, but occasionally a build and juice will wick a bit nicer with the bacon, i try not to think about it and just use whatever, any taste issues whether it's the coil (that i forget to dry burn) or the wicking material, usually goes within 1-2ml of vaping.

Back
Top Bottom