What's new

Grim Days for Squonkers

Smokeandsteam

Achiever
Spent a few hours yesterday looking for a new squonker. Nothing fancy, just a functional single battery mod to use when taking the dog out.

The market really has collapsed. Dovpo don’t seem to make the Topside single anymore (which I’ve used for ages and love but has finally packed up) The dual is still going brilliantly but too heavy for out and about.

All I could find was the pulse, the Centaurus and a couple of semi regulated squonkers and that’s it.

A sad moment in vaping. Pods all round I guess…but how has squonking died out?

The Dovpo/Across Pump Squonker is a great device. It is semi mech, but it has plenty of protection built in. You can read the Community Review here. I had never used a mech, but it is so forgiving it's ridiculous.

What's up with the Dovpo Topside? @dovpo_uk may be able to help.

I have just got into Squonking, and RDA's are my preferred choice of tank. Hoping to see some new Squonkers...

Thanks buddy, I will have a read of the review. But even if you add that to the list it’s still a small list.

I’m obviously aware of the general decline in some vaping gear due to the rise of the pod/disposable but squonking seems particularly badly served.

As for the topside I’ve used it every day for over 2 years when our with the dog. I’ve broken the door twice (and thanks to Dovpo UK have sorted that). I’ve cracked the screen and chipped it due to dropping it and now the 510 is damaged (again my fault).

@hack400 re the pumper, what’s the weight like? Is there a lock on the device

Even with a 21700 it's not heavy and pretty small. There are 2 buttons, one for fire and one for pump. 5 presses of fire button turns the mod off (including the pump), 5 presses of the pump button just turns the pump off.

agreed, the topside single lasted me 4 years!!!! that was heavy use, both squonk bottles split in the end then I cracked the screen, will grab another couple of squonk bottles for it soon though as it still works, I almost went for the lost vape one, but there were alot of problems with the squonk bottle failing on them, well the plastic tabs that held it in, kept wearing down then it would just drop out the mod, shame but bad design, agree though the topside singles, and the lite version looked good but never got round to getting one of them and they don't make them anymore either,

I’ll just leave this here
A6EF6ADC-E170-4AAE-9CF6-0D0E008E482A.jpeg
749E6C9E-8E67-4113-950C-29E38F1F97D5.jpeg

Thanks buddy, I will have a read of the review. But even if you add that to the list it’s still a small list.

I’m obviously aware of the general decline in some vaping gear due to the rise of the pod/disposable but squonking seems particularly badly served.

As for the topside I’ve used it every day for over 2 years when our with the dog. I’ve broken the door twice (and thanks to Dovpo UK have sorted that). I’ve cracked the screen and chipped it due to dropping it and now the 510 is damaged (again my fault).
Apologies I can’t remember if I’ve spoken to you about the single.
Unfortunately parts are pretty much non existent. I joined Dovpo just after it was discontinued so I never got the opportunity to get a good stock.

The topside range has been talked about inc the single. But the collaborators need to be inline also which can be a struggle to tie them down.

I’m happy to have a look at it and hit it with a hammer or poke it with a stick but honestly with no parts it’s going to be a struggle

There are some great bargains about on the second hand markets on Facebook so worth a trawl through. Plus check out one available on here:)

I'm waiting for market to throw something in but tempted by the pumper as market for squonks shrinked drastically.... And there is nothing what would catch an eye.

Would love to get my hands on topside single.

Back
Top Bottom