What's new

Help, crackling, wheezing chest?

I would put my money on a PG allergy. When I first started vaping, I used 50/50 juices. I was ok for a couple of months, then it started. sore throat. Tight chest and a permanent itchy scalp. I would be scratch my scalp all night in bed to a point where I was ripping my hair out. I then went to high VG juices, and everything cleared up.
Thanks

I too have a very itchy scalp - ok I think you might be right

Gonna switch when I get in - Might stop 50/50 completely then introduce it back but only certain time of the day and see how I get on. Do you only vape 70+vg now @3dj

Dee, its a must try out. I would say its equally safe than your salt based liquids.

I do vape on DL 95% with freebase nic 3-6mg. Huge clouds, full of flavour. I can do it all day long, no problem at all.
However I take the Osmall with 20mg salts (you know well the little puff it provides) and in matter of minutes I start feeling suffocated and my throat and chest make noises. Also I my nose usually start dripping a bit. I need to stop inmediately. Its not always, I think it happens with certain aromas + salts... or some brands of satls. I cant indentify exactly what it is.

Another thing is I discovered I am allergic to lot of common stuff a year ago, and I was not allergic to nothing. However my allergy sympthoms are completely different from what salts causes to me. Cant be PG because mi freebase nic liquids are 50/50 or even >50%PG.

I hope you guess whats conditioning you soon.
Thanks matey x

My only other suggestion is drastic Im afraid, quit for a few days, wiping the slate clean.... see if chest clears up.... then you defo know its vaping and can reintroduce things gradually, keeping tabs on things.

I have considered this and may well do it but going to try the 70+vg first and then see how I go

Thanks for the advice :)

Thanks

I too have a very itchy scalp - ok I think you might be right

Gonna switch when I get in - Might stop 50/50 completely then introduce it back but only certain time of the day and see how I get on. Do you only vape 70+vg now @3dj
Yeah. I wouldn't go less than 70 vg. The higher vg the better for me. I buy some of my juices from 88vape. They do some shortfills at 75% and 80% vg. And some of their juices are pretty good for the price.

Hi all

So I've had some health issues lately. Had to have chest x-ray and some other checks. Still ongoing but lungs are fine.

I've also been getting a wheezy/crackly chest when breathing which i can hear occasionally. Hubby has also noticed when i am sleep. Could PG be causing this? I do vape more now than ever.

I remember getting this when i smoked but haven't had it again until recently. Feels like i have to keep clearing my throat.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated

Thanks!! D x
I'm very fussy about my flavours, mainly because of the wheeziness (if that's even a word [emoji1]). I seem to have allergy to most flavours, especially sharp citrus ones. I have to have menthol in mine, which helps A LOT. Low on PG as well. I mix red astaire from concentrate, and only PG is the flavouring. The rest is vg, including nic. Comes out at just under 90vg. It's good, cuz you can tailor to your preference, and it's really not that hard.

The main issue i have with using higher VG is that I'm predominantly a mtl vaper at around 11 to 14 watts using 1.0 to 1.6 ohm coils.

If i have to start using 70/30 then i have to go to 0.8 or 0.6, which then increases the wattage and warmth but i still want to mtl.
So i just have to play around with coils and juices till i find the perfect vape.
All this time ive been fine and now its bloody annoying i have to change it.

Sorry just having a rant cause im pissed off! Most of my kit and coils are mtl 1.0ohm plus!

Thanks to everyone for all the advice, i honestly have read all of them and appreciate it very much.

:friends: :grouphug:

The main issue i have with using higher VG is that I'm predominantly a mtl vaper at around 11 to 14 watts using 1.0 to 1.6 ohm coils.

If i have to start using 70/30 then i have to go to 0.8 or 0.6, which then increases the wattage and warmth but i still want to mtl.
So i just have to play around with coils and juices till i find the perfect vape.

Sorry just having a rant cause im pissed off! Most of my kit and coils are mtl 1.0ohm plus!

Thanks to everyone for all the advice, i honestly have read all of them and appreciate it very much.

Have you thought about rebuildables? If you got yourself a rebuildable Mtl Rda, you could use 100vg on 1 ohm coil no problem

I have the wheezing and coughing fits but i just put it down to COPD/Asthma
like yourself i am on 50/50 juices.
Maybe i should be giving the high VG mixes a shot to see if it helps. :hmm:

Have you thought about rebuildables? If you got yourself a rebuildable Mtl Rda, you could use 100vg on 1 ohm coil no problem
OMG no, i cant cope with that, not yet.

Many have tried to convert me but im not keen. Might go that way eventually but not right now.

Thanks though as i didnt know that :)

OMG no, i cant cope with that, not yet.

Many have tried to convert me but im not keen. Might go that way eventually but not right now.

Thanks though as i didnt know that :)

Maybe you're alergic to pods :S

Back
Top Bottom