What's new

Help, crackling, wheezing chest?

Yep, kanthal. Specifically a mixture of Iron Chrome Aluminum apparently.
From what i understand ka1 is a grade of that metal, so either it didnt meet the grade or they simply didnt bother to do it, i THINK thats the diff

Edit: Nevermind its just a sandvik trademark, but again, sandvik is top quality, so quality may also come into play, since sandvik needs to permit them to use the word kanthal and the fact that it isnt means they didnt wanna pay or sandvik didnt approve.

I guess the best way to put it is its a privately owned 'grade'

www.google.com/amp/s/maxvaping.com/a/sc/amp/blogs/news/kanthal-fecral

Last edited:
From what i understand ka1 is a grade of that metal, so either it didnt meet the grade or they simply didnt bother to do it, i THINK thats the diff

You're probably right. I don't have much knowledge on it tbh.

kanthal is a trademarked name. i think fecral is just the same but from non authorised sources.

hows your progress coming along? Just did my own test and decided wheezing is better off than the alternative side effects.

The real answer is i just gotta lower my nicotine level, but whatever.

Hi

Still the same using my top 2 juices that i have always used (salts)

So tonight im going to switch to higher vg 70/30 3mg using a 0.6 or 0.8 coil.
That will test if its a PG and or Salts issue.

Its going to be harder as I'm reducing from 10mg to 3mg and there will be more Vapour due to the coil and higher vg juice so not so stealthy.

Any other suggestions? I think when i started vaping 50/50 3 years ago freebase i had crackling chest issues but i cannot remember. Then in Sept 19 i started on salts with pods and i was fine till now

Thanks!

Hi

Still the same using my top 2 juices that i have always used (salts)

So tonight im going to switch to higher vg 70/30 3mg using a 0.6 or 0.8 coil.
That will test if its a PG and or Salts issue.

Its going to be harder as I'm reducing from 10mg to 3mg and there will be more Vapour due to the coil and higher vg juice so not so stealthy.

Any other suggestions? I think when i started vaping 50/50 3 years ago freebase i had crackling chest issues but i cannot remember. Then in Sept 19 i started on salts with pods and i was fine till now

Thanks!

why the drop to 3mg? my worry would that it might make you puff more.

i also wonder if it would be wiser to try and rule out one thing at a time, ie go for 50/50 freebase first to rule out salt, if it works, you are sorted, otherwise then go to 70/30 freebase etc etc.

if your current plan works it might not be clear whether it was salt nic or pg that was the problem, if you get what i mean.

good luck, anyway, i hope you get to the bottom of it.

My only other suggestion is drastic Im afraid, quit for a few days, wiping the slate clean.... see if chest clears up.... then you defo know its vaping and can reintroduce things gradually, keeping tabs on things.

there will be more Vapour due to the coil and higher vg juice so not so stealthy.
Dee, its a must try out. I would say its equally safe than your salt based liquids.

I do vape on DL 95% with freebase nic 3-6mg. Huge clouds, full of flavour. I can do it all day long, no problem at all.
However I take the Osmall with 20mg salts (you know well the little puff it provides) and in matter of minutes I start feeling suffocated and my throat and chest make noises. Also I my nose usually start dripping a bit. I need to stop inmediately. Its not always, I think it happens with certain aromas + salts... or some brands of satls. I cant indentify exactly what it is.

Another thing is I discovered I am allergic to lot of common stuff a year ago, and I was not allergic to nothing. However my allergy sympthoms are completely different from what salts causes to me. Cant be PG because mi freebase nic liquids are 50/50 or even >50%PG.

I hope you guess whats conditioning you soon.

I would put my money on a PG allergy. When I first started vaping, I used 50/50 juices. I was ok for a couple of months, then it started. sore throat. Tight chest and a permanent itchy scalp. I would be scratch my scalp all night in bed to a point where I was ripping my hair out. I then went to high VG juices, and everything cleared up.

Last edited:
why the drop to 3mg? my worry would that it might make you puff more.

i also wonder if it would be wiser to try and rule out one thing at a time, ie go for 50/50 freebase first to rule out salt, if it works, you are sorted, otherwise then go to 70/30 freebase etc etc.

if your current plan works it might not be clear whether it was salt nic or pg that was the problem, if you get what i mean.

good luck, anyway, i hope you get to the bottom of it.

Hey

It would BUT I dont have any 50/50 freebase so I was going to switch to just 70/30 as I have some - it makes sense what you are saying but I really do think its PG allergy. I will order a bottle of 50/50 but I cant do hugher than 3mg in freebase, I find it too harsh and flavour is more muted

Thanks matey

Back
Top Bottom