What's new

help me with temp control please

alexzax03

Postman
Hi everyone! Today i just got my first Dna mod, Thelema Solo 100C, i ve been vaping for almost 3 years on Evl Reaper V3 ( 0.3 SS 5 wraps spaced coil) on Gen S box mod.
I pre ordered if i can say so from a local shop my Dna mod and surprisingly after 2 weeks of non stop spamming their site and couldn't place an order, the shop announced me that my mod came today. I am here not to brag or anything, i am just new to this kind of TC, like under TC i have wattage ( for what? ), preheat, these 2 lines (red and green) which obviously i can't make them sit close parallel..

my Q are the following : 1. Best setup for my coil ? (ss316 5 wraps spaced 0.3ohm) such as temp - wattage and preheat wattage or mode preheat temp+pwr and what settings.
2. What is wattage mode under temp mode? in this theme -hyperion-odin-min how does this affect my vape with preheat on and off.
3. i have preheat power (wattage,punch and warmth is default 5 and disabled) and preheat temp (power, temp and default warmth 5 disabled) which is better to use?
4. what coils work best with dna mod in my atty (evl reaper v3Ti), i specify Ti cause i seen some people report Ti affect coil ohm.
5. how bad is that graphic? i seen people having red and green sit almost next to eachother
6. edit : i downloaded device monitor, dunno how to reach 200C +, it stays at 145C at 30W and 35W preheat. (i usually vaped on gen S at 220C same coils), do i need to lower temp here?

Attachments

• IMG_4792.jpg
    IMG_4792.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • help.png
    help.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 34
Think you're over complicating things.
Set the temp you want to vape at.
Increase the watts so it gets up to that temperature as quick as you need it to.

Think you're over complicating things.
Set the temp you want to vape at.
Increase the watts so it gets up to that temperature as quick as you need it to.
if i set it at 220C, it's nothing compared to GenS at 220C.. duuno why, i'm doing something wrong.

if i set it at 220C, it's nothing compared to GenS at 220C.. duuno why, i'm doing something wrong.

If you look at your Device Monitor graph, you'll see that the mod is throwing 30W at the Coil, and it's never getting any higher than 152C.

If it's not giving you a decent vape, then as Mr Ripple said, up the Wattage. Try it at 35W. If that is not good enough, try it at 40W.

R u just using the 316 material it comes with? Or a 316L? Or do they come with it now?

Would have to defer to those more knowledeable if that would make that much difference tho

R u just using the 316 material it comes with? Or a 316L? Or do they come with it now?

Would have to defer to those more knowledeable if that would make that much difference tho

To be honest, it doesn't make that much difference.

ss 316 26awg spaced 5wraps 0.33ohm, 220C and raising wattage, but as soon as i got to 40W i felt burnt smell, ramped down to 25W and gave a wash and a dry .. still at 220C wtih 25W but it's like 20-30% flavour of what i got on GenS.

the mod comes with a usb c cable and a Thelema pin/badge.

Attachments

• BF3F2F9C-58C0-47F5-8062-3EB13305E8921.jpg
    BF3F2F9C-58C0-47F5-8062-3EB13305E8921.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom