What's new

How I wick the Wotofo Profile Unity

I thought this may help out others who might need help wicking the profile unity.
It is my favourite rta and also the easiest to build and wick. The way is vapes reminds me of a mesh pro or falcon but a bit more flavour. Perfect at 65 Watts, it is on the cooler side but there's no ramp up, just like a mesh sub tank.

First I use 3/4 of a cotton bacon or similar cotton strip.
View attachment 190043

I then cut the cotton flush against the base.
View attachment 190044

Then cut the wick from the bottom at an angle so the top of the cut is in line with the wick slots.
View attachment 190045

Stuff the bottom of the wick into the wick slots and then saturate the cotton and you should be left with something like this.
View attachment 190047

Now you should never get any leaking even when filling it to the brim.

Hope this helps out others who are struggling.
The unity. A bitch to wick for a novice. Fucking good tank if you nail it right. Good tutorial mate.

The unity. A bitch to wick for a novice. Fucking good tank if you nail it right. Good tutorial mate.
Profile Unity was my first RTA or RDA. I was pulling my hair out as I thought I was doing everything by the book.
With Martin and NWHornets help I think/hope I’ve cracked it.
Do it as martins pictures, get as much wick in as poss, and put the extra spring under and it’s a great tank

Stevie Wonder could wick this, it's that easy:)2. Biggest issue is people thinking they can scrimp on the cotton. Four cuts, no thinning, tuck in & job done. Now tell the people how forgiving the f****ing Sherman is :D

Stevie Wonder could wick this, it's that easy:)2. Biggest issue is people thinking they can scrimp on the cotton. Four cuts, no thinning, tuck in & job done. Now tell the people how forgiving the f****ing Sherman is :D
I had to think about the Sherman for a mo there . Doh!!
I think it ain’t scrimping, it’s a case of when you think it’s enough, it ain’t enough! Using the extra spring... legendary

Lol. I have two shermans, they are a cunt to get right. They leek like holy fuck if you can't nail them. Good tank thought if done right. Not a tank for a novice.

I had to think about the Sherman for a mo there . Doh!!
I think it ain’t scrimping, it’s a case of when you think it’s enough, it ain’t enough! Using the extra spring... legendary
It is a case of more not less cotton. The supplied cotton is fine, if a little dense & I don't find it consistent. A piece of CB Prime or Cotton Gods is the same amount but seems to wick better. Never needed the extra spring but then I've been wicking this the same way as the RDA, just works.

Lol. I have two shermans, they are a cunt to get right. They leek like holy fuck if you can't nail them. Good tank thought if done right. Not a tank for a novice.
I've got an original & 2 clones but only ever have one running. Bad enough dumping one tank, 3 is soul destroying :mad:

I've got an original & 2 clones but only ever have one running. Bad enough dumping one tank, 3 is soul destroying :mad:
I have just re-wicked one of mine. loaded with "pancake man" No leaks" They are a bitch to get right.

It is a case of more not less cotton. The supplied cotton is fine, if a little dense & I don't find it consistent. A piece of CB Prime or Cotton Gods is the same amount but seems to wick better. Never needed the extra spring but then I've been wicking this the same way as the RDA, just works.
Agreed , cotton bacon def better. I teased the strands a little to aid wicking . I think the second spring is a good failsafe. I’ve seen some vids on you tube where they just keep trimming. I don’t think that’s a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom