What's new

How many Watts are too many...

My happy place on my mech is about a 22 watt equivalent so for me that would be the golden number on a box mod (if I could find one small enough lol)

To give you another car analogy, if you drive on the motorway you don't do it in a car whose top speed is 70mph, you use a higher powered car so that it is cruising at the desired speed rather than revving the nuts off it :D

Great thread!
I was going to post a similar thing, it seems to me that the power struggle is over before it really began.
I personally think that the future will be along the lines of the DNA40 with temperature control rather than just watts. Especially if there is a demonstrated, elevated risk to high power vaping.

For me, the MVP doesn't quite deliver enough. I tend to stick at 11-13 watts, my tanks are quite happy up to around 18 watts but I keep the wattage as low as I can get away with to give a decent vape (for me)

I'm a bit of a simple pleb when it comes to power. I don't care what the watts are as long as when I have a toke, it's doing what I want it to do - Allows me to draw vapour in for the entire buttonpress/inhale, and has chucked out enough vapour so that vapour is exhaled during the entire length of my exhale (if you get what I mean :D , three years on and I still need my vape to act like a fag!) I just hate it when you have a toke, exhale, and a poor excuse of a whiff of vapour comes out along with a frustrating load of invisible fresh air! ( Remember? like those cigalikes and/or an over tight rollie? )

Last edited:
With VV/VW mods you don't go down in ohms for more power you go up! The extra voltage comes into play when you vape at a typical 1ohm but you achieve that 1ohm in a dual coil build using heavy kanthal say 0.4mm, 0.5mm or even 0.6mm... if you can cram all that coil into your dripper then you find you need the extra voltage just to heat it up in a reasonable time frame.... watts are somewhat irrelevant as the build demands volts to work and chuck clouds.... the watts are simply the result.

Frankly if 200 watt box mods become common place the atty manufactures need to scrap the rulebook and start looking at new designs... for starters nice 32mm wide drippers would be a good start, with 2 posts as far apart as possible... you'd get a nice dual coil build in there... 0.5mm kanthal... 15+ twists in the coil :) Imagine how much vape that would chuck out with all that cotton/coil contact!!!

Yes I know there are one or two 32mm drippers out there.

That's what's on my 12v box mod at the moment.

20wraps/coil of .4 kanthal 3mm id.

I'm going to try 4mm id next as I do get a slight wicking issue on longer pulls.

Still, its nice for an adv :)

Great thread!
I was going to post a similar thing, it seems to me that the power struggle is over before it really began.
I personally think that the future will be along the lines of the DNA40 with temperature control rather than just watts. Especially if there is a demonstrated, elevated risk to high power vaping.

For me, the MVP doesn't quite deliver enough. I tend to stick at 11-13 watts, my tanks are quite happy up to around 18 watts but I keep the wattage as low as I can get away with to give a decent vape (for me)

Quite agree.
The real innovation lies in better control and higher levels of safety, especially in the light of mounting evidence that harmful chemicals are potentially produced at higher temperature levels.

Theres nothing clever about simply producing a box that will deliver more power, what Evolv have been doing is the right direction to be going in, a better, more controlled and, above all safer vaping experience.

Back
Top Bottom