What's new

I despair of retailers sometimes...

Lost my rag a little (only a little) with him the other day, he's going on to all my workmates about how I shouldn't buy from "my" shop and should instead buy from his, because "my" shop sell clones and clones are bad mmkay (Yes, "my" shop sells clones, they are advertised and sold as clones. They also sell genuine stuff too with certificates and valid serials:)).

"Show me your protank"
*he gets it out and hands it over - I look and notice that the kangertech logo is missing, the protank branding is missing, and the cylinder has fill level marks on it that the genuine article doesn't have*
"It's a clone".
"No it's not"
"Yes it bloody well is. Want to compare?"

My boss later confided that she found the exchange funny. She sees it as 2 males arguing over territory :P.

Hmm, maybe, but still.
On the upside, he claims to sell 100%VG juices, I've always meant to give them a go. Can see how the quality compares to my usual vendors too :).

as Uncle Phil says,

Any chance of getting me Uncle Phil's autograph :)

And don't know if its been mentioned as didn't read all the thread

It sound's like a profitable business .... maybe he could refer technical question's to his Tech support[You] on a Saturday .... for a fee of course .... DELETE ... that don't work you got a shop too

Any chance of getting me Uncle Phil's autograph :)

And don't know if its been mentioned as didn't read all the thread

It sound's like a profitable business .... maybe he could refer technical question's to his Tech support[You] on a Saturday .... for a fee of course .... DELETE ... that don't work you got a shop too

Uncle Phil (not actually an uncle) lives just under 3 and a half thousand miles from me :p.

I don't run a shop, I just make a point of going to the same shop a lot because the dudes there look after me :D.

Uncle Phil (not actually an uncle) lives just under 3 and a half thousand miles from me :p.

I don't run a shop, I just make a point of going to the same shop a lot because the dudes there look after me :D.

argh clear :)

when I see you had mentioned your shop ... me thought :banghead:

Hehe I could really infuriate you here by mentioning a Vendor ive seen flogging FT items with FT watermarks on the photos xD

Including something like 6,000mah 18650 trustfires...

Emailed them loads with concerns, never listened :(

However I completely agree with you, he shouldn't have set up without atleast knowing the very basics of the products he sells.

Sadly he imo won't advance much further without your help / hiring a good vaper.

Pretty much like a garage / local shop selling egos, B&Ms like this bug me. But its like everything we come across, just a salesman.

Try not to let it get on ya wick bud, try and guide him if he won't have it. Id personally stop visiting the shop just so you could keep business and friendship seperate, if your good friends itd be sad to see it be torn apart over it

All of which I am positive you already know, just giving you a little reminder / nudge so you don't get too pissed off. You can't educate some friends who think they know what they're doing :(

One thing to remember though! Hes getting people off the cigs

I wouldn't mind an aerotank turbo tbh, it's one tank that would fit on my 26650 without looking silly :D.

Giant looks fine on 26650.

as to this guy opening a business dealing with something he knows nothing about? The only really bad part in all that is the liquid issue, not knowing what's in it or where it's tested and for what, and maybe the fact he is showing better stuff but only to put people off going the better route.

apple do no different in the limited choice style of selling. Excluding headphones, speakers etc, apple only sell apple in their shops so for those wanting different you have to go elsewhere.

But in the case of a shop selling only generic starter crap? It will likely have an initial take up with no problems, and the cheapness of the crap he's selling will make replacements easy in case of quick failure without hitting his finances too badly. But being at the bottom end of the market he will soon find people who want more. The fear there being he will get things for people he has no knowledge of, and worse, no experience of. Especially so when dealing with clones.

i have had to tweak a number of clones since I started vaping. All sorts of quick (but safe) fixes, from reducing button throw, preventing shorts, all sorts of things before even getting to coils and the like.

somebody here said he was the kind of person to feed the anti vaping lobby with his ignorance, and the fact he is starting a business with no knowledge of the subject beyond the basics of the lowest of the low doesn't bode well.

to the OP, put him straight. Make sure he is aware that his ignorance could cost him his business, or worse, it could later put his name in the papers for the troubles his ignorance could lead to later.

Its all all well and good him saying he is staying with ce4 shit and egos, but when enough people have been asking for something exotic, it will be hard not to resist getting stuff that he already admits is beyond his knowledge.

Minor case in point. I bought a hades clone from "my" shop, and realised I needed a battery to go with it, so he handed me one.
"What current are these rated for?" I asked.
"Twenty-five amps continuous" he said after less than a second.

If he'd have ummed or ahhed, I would have left the hades and the battery on the counter.

:)

Back
Top Bottom