What's new

I despair of retailers sometimes...

introduce your mate to p busado, todd, rip etc
explain that it will help him to make more money as people like to be reassured with knowledge when they start vaping and like informed stock choices when theyre experienced
does your friend vape ?

Yeah, a few weeks back he got an evod starter kit.

Glad I'm not the only one :)
I've just had a shop open up down the road from me with a very similar story. I didn't know the owner beforehand but popped in for a chat and was quite frankly shocked at his lack of knowledge.
I had to remove his shop page from my facebook feed to stop myself attempting to put him right on some of the nonsense he's posting. It's infuriating.

Let these folks go ahead and open their shops. If they are seeing the £1274 "start up" grant and the cheap loan to get up and running as a better option than having to do a weekly "job search" down at the job centre then good for them, although I bet that many have not considered that they will have to get up early to open their shops.. It makes the governments unemployment statistics look better, even if 99% of 'em are signing on again in 26 weeks time.

I feel your pain dude as i find this type of thing infuriating as well but unfortunately it will only get worse before it gets better. I've visited plenty of vape shops and been banned from a couple for correcting the vendor in front of customers because what they were telling them was dangerously wrong. These days i just keep my mouth shut and my hands stapled to the desk ;)

I feel your pain dude as i find this type of thing infuriating as well but unfortunately it will only get worse before it gets better. I've visited plenty of vape shops and been banned from a couple for correcting the vendor in front of customers because what they were telling them was dangerously wrong. These days i just keep my mouth shut and my hands stapled to the desk ;)

Shows where the vendors' loyalties lie I guess.

Yeah, a few weeks back he got an evod starter kit.

Maybe as he gets into it he'll start to broaden his knowledge

I know three people who own vape shops one has a franchise of a well known chain I won't mention and he hardly knows anything

and the other knows a fair bit now but learned along the way he has an online shop and a b+m and was clever enough to learn his juices and stocks a lot of high end brands that you mainly get online and he has testers of them all to try before you buy he's more into the liquid side and has his own range as well but he only sells a handful of mods and tanks

and one who has a market stall and a online store and recently opened a b+m hes more about devices and has a lot of knowledge he focuses on mods attys and accessories I've learned a lot from him but his juice range is awful he sells diamond mist which is the worst juice I've ever had

They're all different but to my knowledge they're all doing well.

I'd take a guess that 95% of the customers are just looking for their first ecig...
Other than knowing how to change a coil...fill a clearo,
I'd imagine the owner could get away with a lack of in-depth knowledge...for a time anyway.

From an experienced vapers point of view it does seem lazy...and/or some other phrases i cant think of now [emoji53]

Of course if he's selling mech's (or aerotank turbos for your ego sir)..thats a whole other set of phrases

I'd take a guess that 95% of the customers are just looking for their first ecig...
Other than knowing how to change a coil...fill a clearo,
I'd imagine the owner could get away with a lack of in-depth knowledge...for a time anyway.

From an experienced vapers point of view it does seem lazy...and/or some other phrases i cant think of now [emoji53]

Of course if he's selling mech's (or aerotank turbos for your ego sir)..thats a whole other set of phrases

I wouldn't mind an aerotank turbo tbh, it's one tank that would fit on my 26650 without looking silly :D.

Reputation, that's what's needed in running a b+m....unless you can capture customers, and get them to return as returning customers your shop/business will undoubtedly fail...

Look at the sucsessful B+M and online stores, the ones who are popular and command returning customers are the ones who can both walk the walk along with talking the talk.

I'd say there is plently of information out there for him to research... sure he'll be fine and learn as he goes, all got to start somewhere I suppose.

Tell him to be careful with the products he goes with though, some are real dodgy. Make sure he gets samples first.

Back
Top Bottom