What's new

I keep snapping f-ing coils when fitting!

DougalVaper

Postman
I keep overdoing the screws when changing coils in RDAs and snapping the buggers. I know what I'm doing wrong obviously but is there a knack to getting it just right? Does anyone try and file off the last few threads from screws or some other bodge?
It's really getting annoying having to redo builds like 2-3 times, any help would be awesome, cheers

what guage wire you using mate ? i`ve recently started using 0.6 mm .i wont be snapping that over tightening screws ,

I keep overdoing the screws when changing coils in RDAs and snapping the buggers. I know what I'm doing wrong obviously but is there a knack to getting it just right? Does anyone try and file off the last few threads from screws or some other bodge?
It's really getting annoying having to redo builds like 2-3 times, any help would be awesome, cheers

What you using the RDA on?

Take the screws out and gently sand the tips flat. There are probably some sharp edges that are cutting the wire.

Thicker wires, and less coils to get the same resistance with less chance of cutting the tails off....

Take the screws out and gently sand the tips flat. There are probably some sharp edges that are cutting the wire.

I'm thinking this might be the key.

Mainly happening with 26-28 gauge, 24 is generally ok but dual 24s is too much for me.

Occurs most often on plumviel, tugboat and Vulcan.

I'm gunna give the sanding method a go, cheers guys

I'm thinking this might be the key.

Mainly happening with 26-28 gauge, 24 is generally ok but dual 24s is too much for me.

Occurs most often on plumviel, tugboat and Vulcan.

I'm gunna give the sanding method a go, cheers guys

I do this to every atty I buy. As well as sanding the top flat I also round off the edge a wee bit. Still traps the wire no problem but I have no issues with them snapping.

Back
Top Bottom