What's new

I know I am not the only mixer on here.

MajorVape

Postman
This part of the forum seems too quiet considering there are other mixers on here so I though I would start a thread where we can consolidate and share recipes, I know there is a separate section for that but I feel it not used enough.

I am by no means and expert mixer but have found a few that work so I will start the ball rolling, and these are not copied they are trial and error.

Here is a good one for strawberry cheesecake that I mix.

CAP New York Cheese cake 6%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 3%
FA Strawberry Jam 1%
Perfumers Apprentice Strawberry ripe 1%
CAP Super sweet 0.75%

Steep for 1 month. You can leave out the Super sweet but I found it helps round out the juice otherwise the Cheesecake can be a little dry.

i think a lot might be like me, and can’t be all that arsed because we’ve found a few blends that consist of only maybe 2 or 3 ingredients that work well. or even just one (obvs that one isn’t a “blend” :) ). so the need to work
out new ones isn’t really there.

or, a core bunch of concentrates that all work well in blends of two or three, so you can just improvise a bit, negating the need for an actual recipe.

or maybe they even can’t be arsed anymore and are just buying cheap shortfills.

but you’re right, there’s virtually no diy chat any more.

Have to admit to being exactly what @zouzounaki describes.

Got five mixes I sorted out years ago for myself and four for Mrs Wraith and neither of us can do more than a tank of random (but good) commercial stuff without going back to the comfort zone.

Most of them are vague clones of stuff I liked way back but because I'm not trying new stuff there is less inspiration to experiment.

Maybe it's just because I'm mixing for 250ml bottles by weight now I'm less inclined to faff about doing dozens of 10ml experiments.

Also the TPD probably put a bit damper on DIY. Yes, you could buy four hundred 10ml shots but life is too short.

I've just done some mixing after a long break and I'm pleasantly impressed with the results - yes, done by the litre @John R . I think the additional of a little sweetener has really brought to life some old classics (unicorn milk and Kreeds Custard) along with my more recently discovered favourite - Nickbrosia. I really don't have the time to mess around with my own recipes, but I'll try out a new one now and then if I've got most of all of the ingredients. I love having some DIY juice hanging around, either to enjoy by itself or to mix down some premium juice that is too overpowering (which seems to be all of them these days). I guess the buzz around mixing has worn off and we just know what we're doing and get on with it without much discussion. But it's always cool to share recipes.

Also the TPD probably put a bit damper on DIY. Yes, you could buy four hundred 10ml shots but life is too short.
TPD killed DIY. If I did not have a lifetimes stock of 7.2% nic (which I have) I would have given up on it,

A simple recipe I really enjoy is

4% TFA cappuccino
1% TFA sweet cream
0.5% CAP super sweet

Dead simple but really tasty. Only problem is that it really kills your coils. When I'm vaping this I need to change my cotton every 20 to 30ml.

Does anyone know of a coffee concentrate that is kinder to coils?

I’m very much into DIY mixing but I’m not a creator of recipes much preferring to mix other peoples instead. I follow some great mixers (Nevans, Sensory Overload, Rocky Toony and Sheerluck Ohms to name just a few) that create recipe profiles that I really enjoy such as bakeries and custards and enjoy trying new ones that they release or ones that I haven’t tried before. This doesn’t mean that I’m not interested to read about the methodology that other mixers use, the testing process, percentages and flavour notes that go into creating a recipe all of which I find fascinating and have occasionally used myself to “tweak” a finished recipe that wasn’t quite to my taste or needed that little extra.
@30deadcats have you tried any of Vape Train’s coffee flavours? They are very good and don’t seem to gunk up coils as bad as some of the older brands like TPA. Wonder Flavors also do a couple of decent ones and now we have the VSO Espresso available (NomNomz) which can be tempered into the type of coffee that you desire by adding different creams etc.

Back
Top Bottom