What's new

I know I am not the only mixer on here.

My best attempt so far at an Apple Custard Crumble.

WF Crumble 8%
CAP Vanilla Cust V1 6%
CAP Apple Pie 3%
FA Fuji Apple 1%
CAP Super Sweet 0.5%

I also have nom nomz Devon cream on order to add to this mix next time as I want a more creamy element.

687 Flaves and haven't mixed for many months, on a bit of a tobacco safari the now. TBH, I have been mixing for more than 2 years and my most successful mixes have been the recipes of others, made a couple of vapable ones, fruit pastilles being one, kind of based on Big Juice UK's fruit pastille concentrate...............not one I would be confident posting, ok for me but perhaps not the bag of others. Also a nutty one based on a recipe of our own @StrawberryRipple (don't think he comes round here any more.......he was a pretty good mixologist)

I think my usual curse of having such a limited flavour profile is working for me where mixing is concerned. I know the exact taste Im going for and its a matter of fine tuning as close as possible to my discontinued. Itll never be perfect, but it is what it is. Ive built on really simple recipes, and will keep tweaking.
Ive kept my concentrates linked to that (with a few bakery stuff here and there) and Im enjoying it. Its giving me ideas for what else I could try, and I guess that should be the goal for mixing

I think my usual curse of having such a limited flavour profile is working for me where mixing is concerned. I know the exact taste Im going for and its a matter of fine tuning as close as possible to my discontinued. Itll never be perfect, but it is what it is. Ive built on really simple recipes, and will keep tweaking.
Ive kept my concentrates linked to that (with a few bakery stuff here and there) and Im enjoying it. Its giving me ideas for what else I could try, and I guess that should be the goal for mixing

I'm the same now Mrs Ashy. I have so few profiles I enjoy. I still make up my own new ones on occasion, but some of my favourites are adapted from other peoples.

My strawberry ice cream recipe is so different now from the one I used to use that was someone else's. I think the only original brands and percentages left in it are the sweet cream, the marshmallow and maybe the shisha strawberry.

It's:

Chefs Vanilla Ice Cream - 3% (is now the nom-noms supercharged range)
Liquid Barn Vanilla Ice Cream - 2%
Cupcake World Devon Cream - 1%
TFA Sweet Cream - 1%
TPA Marshmallow - 0.5%
Capella Ripe Strawberry - 5%
Jungle Flavours Sweet Strawberry - 2%
Inawera Shisha Stawberry - 1%

Quite a lot of flavourings in there and some might argue that the strawberry is far too high but I like to taste the strawberry in it and they do tend to fade when you're steeping for a couple of weeks to a month- or even a few months. All tailored to my own tastes and I love it.

That's the great thing with mixing your own. All the tweaking and tinkering to get your recipes just the way you like them. Other people may very well hate my recipes but I'm not making them for other people. I only have to get them right for me.

I'm the same now Mrs Ashy. I have so few profiles I enjoy. I still make up my own new ones on occasion, but some of my favourites are adapted from other peoples.

My strawberry ice cream recipe is so different now from the one I used to use that was someone else's. I think the only original brands and percentages left in it are the sweet cream, the marshmallow and maybe the shisha strawberry.

It's:

Chefs Vanilla Ice Cream - 3% (is now the nom-noms supercharged range)
Liquid Barn Vanilla Ice Cream - 2%
Cupcake World Devon Cream - 1%
TFA Sweet Cream - 1%
TPA Marshmallow - 0.5%
Capella Ripe Strawberry - 5%
Jungle Flavours Sweet Strawberry - 2%
Inawera Shisha Stawberry - 1%

Quite a lot of flavourings in there and some might argue that the strawberry is far too high but I like to taste the strawberry in it and they do tend to fade when you're steeping for a couple of weeks to a month- or even a few months. All tailored to my own tastes and I love it.
Will defo give this a mix when I get back on the mixing horse, Strawb & Cream is one of my fave profiles but, so far, mixing one that doesn't fade in a week or two has been an embuggeration:17:

687 Flaves and haven't mixed for many months, on a bit of a tobacco safari the now. TBH, I have been mixing for more than 2 years and my most successful mixes have been the recipes of others, made a couple of vapable ones, fruit pastilles being one, kind of based on Big Juice UK's fruit pastille concentrate...............not one I would be confident posting, ok for me but perhaps not the bag of others. Also a nutty one based on a recipe of our own @StrawberryRipple (don't think he comes round here any more.......he was a pretty good mixologist)

do you have any tobacco concentrates? i find tobaccos can be a bit easier to come up with acceptable blends. and often work with only a few ingredients. there are a few of the flavorah ones that are regulars for me, which work really well with custards, fruits, biscuit etc. and because you hardly need any they are quite easy to get decent mixes.

do you have any tobacco concentrates? i find tobaccos can be a bit easier to come up with acceptable blends. and often work with only a few ingredients. there are a few of the flavorah ones that are regulars for me, which work really well with custards, fruits, biscuit etc. and because you hardly need any they are quite easy to get decent mixes.
Got around 20 baccy concentrates, one thing I have discovered is, having lots of flaves doesn't make one a better mixer......any suggestions?

Got around 20 baccy concentrates, one thing I have discovered is, having lots of flaves doesn't make one a better mixer......any suggestions?

although i said they can be easy to make blends with, there are a lot of them that are a bit strange and bewildering. my favourites for a baccy dessert blend are FLV red burley and cured tobacco. add .5% each to a custard biscuit blend or something and you will be on the way. or do 1% red burley, 1% flv fig and some kind of caramel, custard etc. you could switch the fig for some other kind of dark fruit.

those are the two i use most often. sweet and smokey tobacco and oriental are also good. they are just good, well rounded baccy notes with nothing weird going on imo, so easy to use.

Back
Top Bottom