What's new

If you often get sore throat or lungs - READ THIS

Absolutely! Then try vaping 20mg nic (98% diluted) in a sub ohm tank and tell us how you get on.
Thanks, I already have. But that's not what you said. You said... "Why do you think DTL tanks only use 3mg juice which is 99.7% diluted? Because if you put any juices in it with higher nic it is unvapable." That's simply not true. I have a dtl setup right next to me with 6mg feebase, and a rdl with 13mg salt. Above 3mg may not work for you but that doesn't make it unvapable for everyone else, just like pg intolerance isn't a myth simply because you're not intolerant to it.

Sticking to this PG myth and burying our heads in the sand only hurts us. If we try to hide from the truth it only gives the anti vaping lobby greater ammunition against us.

I’m sure a tiny proportion of people can have an allergy to PG but for the vast majority of vapers isn’t it better to know the real reason that’s causing it?

For those with PG allergies, PG is the element that is causing the problem and to label it a myth is uninformed and potentially insulting...

Pointing out you can buy PG in bulk but not nicotine (and ignoring the fact nicotine is a drug) doesn't mean PG is 100% harmless. It means it is less likely to be a problem for most.

Nicotine (or even nicotine type) is a well known potential problem that can affect many people and reducing it (or changing nic type) frequently resolves problems. However starting a thread and stating that PG allergy is a myth and reducing nicotine content is always the answer is just wrong.

My friend has a PG allergy. He vapes 12mg nic. When he vapes my juice (50/50) it irritates his throat, but when he uses 100% VG juice he's ok.

Thanks, I already have. But that's not what you said. You said... "Why do you think DTL tanks only use 3mg juice which is 99.7% diluted? Because if you put any juices in it with higher nic it is unvapable." That's simply not true. I have a dtl setup right next to me with 6mg feebase, and a rdl with 13mg salt. Above 3mg may not work for you but that doesn't make it unvapable for everyone else, just like pg intolerance isn't a myth simply because you're not intolerant to it.

OK. So you can tolerate DTL juice that is 98.7% diluted. Try trebling it. You wouldn't be able to vape it. What do you think causes that kind of reaction? It certainly isn't the PG content.

For those with PG allergies, PG is the element that is causing the problem and to label it a myth is uninformed and potentially insulting...

Pointing out you can buy PG in bulk but not nicotine (and ignoring the fact nicotine is a drug) doesn't mean PG is 100% harmless. It means it is less likely to be a problem for most.

Nicotine (or even nicotine type) is a well known potential problem that can affect many people and reducing it (or changing nic type) frequently resolves problems. However starting a thread and stating that PG allergy is a myth and reducing nicotine content is always the answer is just wrong.

What's wrong here is telling someone who is suffering with soreness in their lungs and throat that nicotine has nothing to do with it.

My friend has a PG allergy. He vapes 12mg nic. When he vapes my juice (50/50) it irritates his throat, but when he uses 100% VG juice he's ok.

Your airways and your lungs are coated with mucous and, along with the higher VG content, it helps sooth the irritant effect of nicotine. Ingesting too much nicotine will eventually break down that protection and that's what causes the soreness.

Unwatched and ignored, best left to howl at the moon.

OK. So you can tolerate DTL juice that is 98.7% diluted. Try trebling it. You wouldn't be able to vape it. What do you think causes that kind of reaction? It certainly isn't the PG content.

Feel like the goal posts are changing here.

Alcohol is the same. Many people enjoy a pint at around 5% without any bother. Doesn't mean there aren't those who prefer a nice spirit instead at 40%. I've tried spirits that have been as high as 90% and they're pure filth. Alcohol can be highly toxic in high concentration and can kill you. One of my best mates loves a 5% pint, but he's coeliac so has to buy the gluten free variety.

Bit hostile in here
:28::54:
2D9C6BEB-0020-4805-AB3D-81DE46877268.gif

Last edited:
So say you have soreness in your throat and lungs. It's possible it could be the nicotine. It's also possible it could be the PG. They're both potential irritants that bother some people and not others. Experimenting by leaving out one, and then the other, is probably the easiest way to tell.

Is the irritating effect of nicotine downplayed? Maybe, I guess, but I'm not convinced.

But you obviously can't have a polite conversation without calling people names.

Read the data sheet and do some research. 100% nicotine is 1000mg. If you bath in it you would die.

I love vaping but deluded crap like this harms every vaper.
Go away.

Back
Top Bottom