What's new

Innokin Sensis coil burning out within hours help!!

Gillylilly

Initiate
Bought an innokin Sensis the other week. Fantastic bit of kit I'm a MTL girl trying stop the stinky roll ups ..the 1st coil I got with it lasted just over a week 0.6 ( I have 4 vapes that I use throughout the day so not using it all the time) changing my coil (always prime them) the other day I used cherry bakewell double drip nic salt 10 mg in my tank had maybe 40 puffs that morning . Left it sitting went to work. Got maybe 30 more puffs of that then noticed the coil was burning out already.. Fast forward same thing happened again.. I used dinner lady nic salt 10 mg strawberry macaroon. Is it the nic salt and the coils or the dessert flavours?? I've gone through 3 coils in 2 days. They are burning out in hours. I'm using 0.65 coil should I be using free base e liquid on these? Any advice greatly appreciated

As @LordOdin strong chance sweeteners in the juice.

could be just a bad box of coils

could be that your watts are set too high for the coils

also if you haven’t used it for a few hours try setting off at a low wattage and slowly increasing it as your coils could have dried out and need to re prime then.

also check the pg vg of the juice I think your better ratio would be 50/50

Wattage?

are you using F0 mode?

I can use a sensis coil for weeks, so something isn't right.

Have you always used salts? They taste vile to me... so you could certainly try freebase.

Wattage?

are you using F0 mode?

I can use a sensis coil for weeks, so something isn't right.
Yes I use the FO mode watts set to 10 don't go past the recommended Watts. Loving the dinner lady desserts e liquid 50/50. I've bought so much e liquid looking for my all day vape, think I've found it and this happens it's really disappointing and I feel dishearten.

Have you always used salts? They taste vile to me... so you could certainly try freebase.
I use free base 6mg and nic salts at 10 mg use those for work really, I've found that the free base doesn't last as long when I can't get out for hours on end to get a nic hit. I find the taste fine tbh better then free base as it's more smooth. I don't like the throat hit. I'm going to buy dinner lady free base, and change my coil to 1. 2 see if that helps.

Try to avoid chain-vaping. Leave enough time for the liquid to get through the cotton in the coils between your puffs. Also, I see that the 0.65 S-coil is recommended for MTL, so try to keep your airflow quite closed down.

Yes I use the FO mode watts set to 10 don't go past the recommended Watts. Loving the dinner lady desserts e liquid 50/50. I've bought so much e liquid looking for my all day vape, think I've found it and this happens it's really disappointing and I feel dishearten.
Don’t get disheartened Gillylilly some one on here will come up with a solution. I know it is a bit early on your journey. But my advice would be to get into rebuilding your own coils. It will save you a fortune in the long run. My wife is a MTL and I make her the coils for her Protank at 1.5ohm and they last for months. So you’re 1.2 ohm coils might be the answer. But have a look into building. Don’t give up you will get there in the end.

Back
Top Bottom